Documents required for marriage

I am christina .. I'm 26. I have a boyfriend. He is syrian citizen.. and he is planning to visit in phillippines.  If ever I would like to know what are they needed  requirements documents.. His purpose to visit there to get married with me. As may concern what also the documents that we need to get married.

Hope your soon response
god bless us all

Thank you everyone! !!!

I want to know if both of you are in Riyadh right now or what the status?

Hello Christina,

welcome to Expat.com!

Kindly note that I have moved your thread on the Philippines forum for better visibility.

Good luck :top:

Cheers

Mishna

Are you getting married here in the philippines? If yes, you need the ff:

Birth certificate (both of you)
Certificate of no marriage
Cedula
Legal capacity of your fiancee
Fill out application for marriage license in the city where you reside.

fadi.abdurahman wrote:

I am christina .. I'm 26. I have a boyfriend. He is syrian citizen.. and he is planning to visit in phillippines.  If ever I would like to know what are they needed  requirements documents.. His purpose to visit there to get married with me. As may concern what also the documents that we need to get married.

Hope your soon response
god bless us all

Thank you everyone! !!!

From: http://web0.psa.gov.ph/content/registra … ge-license

Where a marriage license is required, each of the contracting parties shall file separately a sworn application for such license with the proper civil registrar which shall specify the following:

Full name of the contracting party;
Place of birth;
Age and date of birth
Civil Status;
If previously married, how, when and where the previous marriage was dissolved or annulled;
Present residence and citizenship;
Degree of relationship of the contracting parties;
Full name, residence and citizenship of the father;
Full name, residence and citizenship of the mother; and
Full name, residence and citizenship of the guardian or person having charge, in case the contracting party has neither father nor mother and is under the age of twenty-one years.
Requisites in Applying for a Marriage License

1.  Original birth certificate or baptismal certificates of the contracting parties or copies of such documents duly attested by the persons having custody of the original.

If either of the contracting parties is unable to produce his birth or baptismal certificate or a certified copy of either because of the destruction or loss of the original, or if it is shown by an affidavit of such party or of any other person that such birth or baptismal certificate has not yet been received though the same has been required of the person having custody thereof at least fifteen (15) days prior to the date of the application, such party may furnish in lieu thereof his current residence certificate or an instrument drawn up and sworn to before the civil registrar concerned or any public official authorized to administer oaths.

The presentation of the birth or baptismal certificate shall not be required if the parents of the contracting parties appear personally before the civil registrar concerned and swear to the correctness of the lawful age of such parties.

2.  If either of the contracting parties has been previously married, the applicant shall be required to furnish, instead of the birth or baptismal certificate, the death certificate of the deceased spouse or the judicial decree of the absolute divorce, or the judicial decree of annulment or declaration of nullity of his or her previous marriage.

3.  In case either or both of the contracting parties, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, a consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned shall be obtained.

4. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to seek parental advice upon the intended marriage. If it is unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application thereof.

5. In the case where parental consent or parental advice is needed, the parties concerned shall attach a certificate issued by proper authorities to the effect that the contracting parties have undergone marriage counseling.

6. When either or both of the contracting parties are citizens of a foreign country, it shall be necessary for them before a marriage license could be obtained, to submit a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage, issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials.

7. The license shall be valid in any part of the Philippines for a period of one hundred twenty days from the date of issue, and shall be deemed automatically cancelled at the expiration of said period if the contracting parties have not made use of it.

Number of Copies to be Accomplished

It shall be the duty of the contracting parties to accomplish four (4) copies of the Application for Marriage License for registration. After the registration, the civil registrar shall distribute copies of the document bearing the civil registry number as follows: first copy to the registrant; second copy to the Office of the Civil Registrar-General; third copy shall be retained for his file; and fourth copy to the solemnizing office

1..........marriage caoicity from embassy in manila(makati city)
2.............birth certific  both                   3..........police clearance certificate..........4 some countries are in list ........................medical clearance crtificate from qurantine.        5  certificte from munciplity (marriage certificate)                    6  spous clearance  from NSO,      it needs papers for marriage in philippines

Hi, please see Ashlie reply I gave. The same applies to you.
Cheers

Ditto to the waxytweety list.  That about sums it up neatly.  There is a validity period on the marriage license as well so cant get it too early before the wedding or else it will fall outside the window and you will need to repeat the license process.  Ouch.  The certificate of no marriage is basically an affidavit from the foreigner's embassy or consulate stating that the foreigner claims he is not married.  The Philippine citizen needs to get the certificate of no marriage from NSO.  Depending on where the marriage license is being granted, both parties may also have to attend a one day marriage indoctrination class given in the native language usually at the City Health building.  We did.  The entire marriage license process if I remember correctly took about 2 weeks.  Beware of scammers who will offer to do the process for you for a fee.  Many times this results in a fake marriage license because much of the processing requires that the parties be there in person and no way the fixer can do this legally.  Its not a difficult process, just time consuming because not all offices are open all days and many have irregular hours so its difficult to cruise through the process.  There are days you can get just one piece done, and other days nothing.  Again, I think it depends what city you are in also.  We did ours in Cebu City.  I think we payed and got on the judge's schedule first stop.  There also beware the crocodile judge, as his schedule might surprisingly become busy at the last minute.  Anyway, the Judge can go to your wedding venue to conduct the ceremony if you like.  Getting a Priest to do the ceremony might take more advance notice and may require more counseling.  A wedding planner can advise a Judge if you dont know one.  Legally judges can conduct the wedding only in the location / city where he or she is assigned, so if the judge works in a province other that where you are staying, then you will also need to travel there to complete and sign the paperwork at the judge's office.  The Judge can still go to your venue but the wedding wouldnt be legal unless the paperwork is signed where he or she has jurisdiction. Hope that helps.

Where both in riyadh now :)