Infant/primary schools in Murcia

Hi, I'm looking for any info on Primary schools in Murcia ( particularly los Alcazares and surrounding towns) we are hoping to move over next year and I've found it difficult to get info online about schools. Does anyone know...

What hours schools operate? Do they take siesta? Do school hours vary by school?

Would it be easy enough to register them if we don't move over until July, or would it prove difficult during the holidays? I know registration is normally earlier in the year, but I want to let my wee one finish primary 1 here before we go.

Is it easy enough to get a place in your catchment school or are they over subscribed?

I know infant school ( age 3-6) isn't compulsory, but is it easy enough to get places if we want them

Thank you for any help! I speak Spanish quite well, so will be able to ask over there, but I want to have as much info as possible before we go, and to help choose where to live.

Daniellw

Hi. I was just interested to find out if you made the move and how easy it was to find a primary school and get a place for your children?

We are hoping to make the move this year but first priority is finding a school for our 3 and 6 year old.

Any advise from your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Rachael

Leahcar82 wrote:

Hi. I was just interested to find out if you made the move and how easy it was to find a primary school and get a place for your children?

We are hoping to make the move this year but first priority is finding a school for our 3 and 6 year old.

Any advise from your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Rachael

Welcome to the Forum Rachael & and Merry Christmas to you  :)

This thread is 2 years old and the OP has not posted in that time. I would suggest that you start a new thread with your question to get a better response.

In the meanwhile please have a look at the 2 following threads about Children in Spain.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=712120https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=737963

SimCityAT
Exptat.com Expert Team