Is it safe to travel to Constantine-Algeria?

thank you for your welcome.  I am sorry to mislead everyone but I just wanted advice on whether it is safe to travel to Algeria as a single woman tourist - I don't want to live there.  I have been reading some threads on other websites where women on their own have been attacked in Algeria and I was hoping that somebody who lives there could tell me if it is safe for me to travel on my own.  I would love to visit Constantine as it looks so beautiful but I have read elsewhere this town is particularly not safe for women on their own.  I would love it if somebody who lives in Algeria could give me some advice.

Thank you very much.  I live in London so of course would be happy to give advice to anyone hoping to travel here.

hello

yes ıts safe but you have to be wıth a personne that you can trust , frıend  drıver ,

Hello oleva,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Please note that I have created a new discussion on the Constantine forum as you were off topic where you initially posted!

Cheers

Mishna

hello Oleva

well yeah it is not that safe for a western young girl to travel around on her own, even a man, but the best idea is to be with a local.....

at the end of the visit you would love the places and also the warmth of nice people

have a safe trip  :)

hi oleva! Ageria is a safe coutry for a woman to travel even alone,however ther"s somme limits in the clothing you should consider to avoid being "noticed" i myself travel alone,i dont wear a scarf,and i have never been attaked by anyone.so the advice i can give to you is try to bahave as the locals,not wear sexy clothes,speak french rather than English.
if you think,i can help you more,just ask any question you want.
i love england,and lndon,i used to go there twice a year,but that was before...