New in Lille, looking for friends

Hi,

I'm czech, speaking french and english. I've just moved to Lille. I have a small baby. I'm looking for new friends. It would be nice to find someone with a baby too, so my baby could have one friend too :)

Thanks

Andrea

Hi Andrea and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll get a lot of nice contacts on the site.;)

Harmonie.

hellooo,

where in lille you are staying? would be glad to be your friend too..

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi I am moving to Lille in January to be with my boyfriend but will be coming over in 2 weeks as well. Looking to meet new people as well over there.
I am from England but my french is really bad so I am looking for classes as well

hi guys....i am in lille since this year september and i would love to meet up with some english speaking people...i am basically indian but my husband is french....my french has improved a lot since i have shifted here but still there is more work to be done...i would love to meet all of you. please send me a mail at [email protected] forward to hear from you!

Hello fellow english speakers! I am Ivy Cheong-Nicholson, and I speak English, Chinese & Malay fluently. I have not had much opportunity to improve my French, nor make new friends since my arrival in June 2011. So do email me if you'll like to be friends ([email protected])

Hi.
I will soon be moving to Lille and will be looking for friends too.

Hope to be in touch.

Tony.

hiii
my name is jins
just landed on france. im from india,im a student here .
and its very difficult to find an english speaking person in france.
and i live near lille too.

Hi guys, it would be great to meet up!...give me ur numbers...i will be leaving back to india for a month on 30th jan and will be back in march, it would nice to catch up then! cheers! ;)

Hello, everyone i'm from Hungary and in 1 and half month i will move in Lille with my boyfriend,i lived a couple of month in France with my Bf, i wanna meet new people and make new friends! my email: ***
Cya soon guys!! :)

Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hi Meli,

great lets kip in touch. i will be back in lille on 7th march, lets try to catch up then. ma email is ***

cheers

Hello,

Im Portuguese living close to Lille, with one baby also :) I have 19 years Old. My baby 1 year.

Hello SunNessa,welcome for you and your baby too! :)

Hello!

I'm also new in Lille and I would like to meet new people!

I'm Belgian, I speak French, English and a bit of Dutch, so I can help you out with your French! ;)

Who is free next Friday? We should choose a bar and have a drink together.

See youuu!
;)

Hello Aureliie! Welcome! Next month in the end I will move me too in Lille!
And l am looking for new friends !
Have a nice day !

Hey, I'm from Lille and I live in Barcelona for the moment (Until september),if someone want some tips ( nightclub, bar, restaurant... ) Just let me know ;)

More over I will back to Lille just for Easter from 28-march to 02-apr so we can planify something.

Regards,

Thibault Molé

Hi aurelie...i will be back in lille on 7th march...then lets meet up and plan together some drinking. n lets try n motivate as many people as we can. u can contact me ***

koel

Hello, all!
I'm French, from Lille, and am just back in Lille after 6 years spent in the USA. I got used to living in an international environment (I spent the last 3 years in NYC) and I really miss meeting people from everywhere, speaking English, and I miss American culture a lot too.
I need to rebuild a social life and would like to meet English speakers. I speak French too of course if anyone would like to improve their French!

It'd be nice to meet as a group maybe. I'm jobless so free anytime :)

Hey guys, im back in lille...lets all try to meet up for a drink next week friday or thursday....u guys can reach me on ***
looking forward.
Koyal <3

Hi there!
We also live in Lille with a little girl who will turn 2 in September. She is raised in a bilingual environment: English with me, her dad, and French with her mom. It'd be nice to meet and see how the kids interact together. How old's your child?
Feel free to ask anything and get back to me asap.
Talk to you soon then.
Bye for now,
Pierre

Hello,
Me to I am living in Lille now, and in October I will have my  first little baby boy :)
Me and my husband living in vieu Lille , maybe one day we can meet all, for a walk, or drink...I'm Hungarian and my husband French ;)
Have a nice day!
Hope to hear soon from you!
;)

Hi everyone, we are a couple with a small baby (8 months), and we would love to meet other english speaking people! I grew up in Canada, lived in Singapore and I just miss speaking english!!
We can also speak French!
If you are free, I suggest we meet up in Lille on sunday 23 rd of june at 3pm at the Morel & fils.
I'm Emilie!!!! I hope to see you there!
cheers

Hi everybody!

I propose that we all meet for a drink this Friday 28/06! :)

Write me a private message and I will give you all the details.

Aurélie

Helo guys,

Man, I guess I just missed the get together last week...
Anyone free for a drink this Friday?
My name is Favzia, I am French and after a few adventures abroad I moved to Lille a few months back... and I miss talking English!!

Have a great day!

Hello,
now living in Chantilly for a week,is there people who would like to meet up..for coffee/chat
I'm from the Uk and i don't speak french but  i'm trying

hi amber,
I have from Ireland but I lived in New York for a while, Astoria, great place. I am moving to Lille in September to teach History in an international school. I don't know anyone one in lille and would like to find English speaking people in Lille as my French isn't so good.
Thanks,
Stevey

Hi Stevey,
I'm a teacher myself at university level. I'm also looking for English-speaking people who would be willing to get in touch with me and my family on a regular basis to broaden horizons and get to know new people from different backgrounds. I've been in Lille for over 3 years and I'm bilingual. My kids are raised in both languages. I'd be happy to get to know you better when you are settled.
What school will you be teaching in?
Feel free to get back to me if you feel like it.
Bye for now,
Peter

Hello,
I also live in lille since september,I speak little french .
I want to improve my language .we can meet for a coffe at any time since I am jobless right now  :D

Hi there!
I'd be ready to meet you to help you out with your French but I'll be away till August 20th. We could meet as soon as I come back, right?
I'll get back to you in a few weeks then.
Take care,
Peter

Hi there!  :)

I'm David from London/Kent, I just turned 29 and I've lived in Lille for a few months now.  I'm eager to meet new friends and indulge in some English (and French) over here! My French is very basic but i'm making steady progress, would love to meet other people also learning the language. I've been teaching English privately to get by and definitely need to get out more! haha Feel free to drop me an email or add me on Facebook: [email protected] Facebook

Would welcome a coffee or drink in Lille any time,
Hopefully speak soon! :) Thanks, David

hello , we are suzy and jay , suzy is from hungary but she was living 8 years in UK , jay is from congo but living in france already 25 years ... we speak english , we would like to know u ... u are welcome .

hello , nice to meet u , we are jay and suzy , suzy is an hungarian girl now living in lille since november and jay is from congo but living in france already 25 years , we are a couple and we living in lille , it will be nice to get to know u and your family if doesnt matter !!! u are welcome .

Hi , I am new in france, just moved from uk. Looking for some friends. It's too boring , I not speak French nothing

hello , nice to meet u , we are jay and suzy , suzy is an hungarian girl now living in lille since november and jay is from congo but living in france already 25 years , we are a couple and we living in lille , it will be nice to get to know u and your family if doesnt matter !!! u are welcome , my girlfriend are pregnant we are waiting for a baby ... ;)

hii everybody...can somebody tell me cheap lodge/flat for a single person in lille..i will be staying for some months

hi , we are suzy and jay , we would like to get to know u .... we live in lille , u can contact us when ever u want . welcome .

Hello everyone
This is now 2 months I am living in Lille and hope to find good new friends.
Cheers/Nima