New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Singapore forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Singapore if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2015 continues below!

hi all 

I am Indonesian, living in Singapore !
Happy to join here and excited to meet new friends!!!

Cheers !!!!

Hi All,
I am a Singaporean, love to interact and assist people, esp. expats in my lion city.
Feel free to drop me a note whether you need assistance or not. Look forward to hear from everyone. Cheers,Wen

hi 
iam soniya i just registerd this page i l hope so join the europian job soon
i like to know about this side
and i have 3 years working experiance in singpore il try to goto new country and work
thank u

Hi im colet just registered in this website working here for two-years im looking for a friends who are interests are in fields of arts,.

hiii friends my self ganesh working has an cnc milling operator in hyderabad,im from india ,telangana i would like to work in singapore on cnc millig can any one suggest me about job seeking & visa process,best consultency in hyderabad/chennai.

Hello,

I moved to Singapore three weeks ago. I am learning to get around on the bus and train. I spent two years in Phnom Penh where I studied French and art, took Yoga, and went to the gym everyday. The first thing on my list is getting to know the area so I've been exploring. The new Sports Hub is impressive. My neighborhood community center offers a full schedule of activities and classes. People in the shops and food courts are friendly and very nice to me. I am devoted to the great wet market I discovered nearby. It has reasonably priced fruits and vegetables. I like to paint, draw, dance, listen to music/concerts, walk around the nature centers, museum, and galleries. I would like to go to Malaysia again soon.

It would be nice to know how other people got along when they first arrived in Singapore and what they are doing now.

Luna

9010943540 wrote:

hiii friends my self ganesh working has an cnc milling operator in hyderabad,im from india ,telangana i would like to work in singapore on cnc millig can any one suggest me about job seeking & visa process,best consultency in hyderabad/chennai.

The best consultant is yourself.
Many others just want your money (in form of a very high fee, which is actually illegal for Singapore job seekers) and might not work in your best interest. If you find a "free" consultant (i.e. he takes only a fee from the employer, following Singapore law), you can work with them - but don't put your hopes too high.
In the end, the only thing that really works is directly applying for jobs at Singapore companies.

Dear Wen,
  I am a woman from Europe and would like to move to Singapore, so my 10 year old son can get a good education there. I am a licensed painting contractor, but first I would like to start a small ice-cream shop or coffee shop, preferably with a working business partner from Singapore.
  Would you please let me know, if you know someone who may be interested to start this kind of business? Any thoughts? Is it doable? I heard that in Singapore is very ease to start business. I visited Singapore only ones, but I really like it.
  Hope to hear from you soon and hope I can meet you in near future,

Best regards,
Gabriela Wall

Villapark (alias Gariela Wall): Yes, Singapore consistently ranks as one of the easiest places to start a business - it took me less than 30min and S$200 to register mine. BUT: Due to too many abusers it has now become very difficult to get a residence visa based on owning a business here. You basically either have an existing firm that you move over - and show in a convincing business plan that you will soon expand and employ a considerable number of locals - or you invest at least S$2.5million. You may contact a company incorporation service provider like Janus or Rikvin to do any of these.
If you have neither, you are better off looking for a company that employs you and sponsors a work visa.
Please note that profit margins in the food and beverage sector are extremely low, and painting contractors are usually from Asian third world countries and thus very badly paid.
You are right that the Singapore education system is good. But as a foreigner, your son will not easily get a place at a good public school (where locals have priority) and thus probably has to attend a private school. Public schools cost around S$500/month (for foreigners - locals pay much less) and private ones S$1500-3000/month. Please also note that at 10 years old, he will be expected to be pretty fluent in at least one foreign language, in addition to English (which is the medium of instruction in all schools): Chinese, Malay or Tamil at public schools, or the native language of your chosen international school (German at the German or Swiss school, Japanese at the Japanese school, Hindi at the Indian school, French at the French school, etc.). You should already send him to preparatory language classes now in case he does not speak one of them and English pretty well!

I am a administrative officer in srilanka.on 22nd Of April I am coming to Singapore.For.  A Meeting
Any Srilankan friend I like to meet there
Ratjnayake

Dear Beppi,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation about life and business conditions in Singapore.
  I would like to live in Singapore and start first with F&B business. At least I will try and see.
My son speaks english well, he was born in US. I like Singapore, it is clean, low crime and if I can for pay for my rent, food, school I will be happy. Hope to see you someday.
  I appreciate your help.

Hope to hear from you,
  Best regards,
  Gabriela

Well, if you really want to do that, despite the difficulty in getting a work/residence visa based on your own business (read up on the Entrepass for this and contact Janus or Rikvin) and the low earnings in F&B, I want to wish you good luck - you'll need it!

Hi, I'm from Singapore, and I am an entrepreneur trainer. I would like to travel all around the world to expand my business and I aim to meet like minded people who are passionate in living life to their fullest.

Hi all,

I'm Fiona from Singapore.

I do have "roots" as in family members in Malaysia. Right now am contemplating to apply for a citizenship in either malaysia or Thailand. Do give me some advise.

I also do happen to work in the finance sector as well as the telecommunications side. If u need help, do let me know. Asking for waivers from the telecos is what I do best especially StarHub. Hehe... :)

Hi I'm originally from Malaysia. Moved here 15 years ago. Had been in the banking sector long enough. Currently exploring avenues to turn my interests into business opportunity.

Hi all,

My name is Garrick and I'm from Singapore, very new to this community and I find this platform of networking / sharing of experience and advice a truly fascinating way to make more friends and interact with people from all over the world.

It'd be my pleasure to value add to this forum and I hope to expand my social network of friends.

I work in the finance/insurance industry, if there's any concerns that I can help address, do feel free to ask.
Like wise, I would also love to listen to different nation's Insurance culture.

Lastly, Welcome to Singapore ( with open arms )  :par:

Hi all,

My name is Marie and I come from France. I am currently working in Singapore but I will be often in Jakarta for work as well. I have already been living in Singapore for almost 1 year about 3 years ago. I am glad to be back and I would like to meet new people with whom I could discover the city again (coz Singapore changed a lot in 3 years! o_O).

For those who just arrived in Singapore, I would be glad to share my first move in experience and provide some tips and help about how to settle things here.

Also I am a travel lover, so if there are any backpackers among you looking for a travel buddy with an adventurous mind, feel free to send me a message!

Have a great day,
Cheers,

Marie

Hello!

Name's John, from the Philippines. I've been in Singapore for about 4 years now, as a student in NTU. I was a Singapore Scholarship holder, but am currently off it due to leave of absence extensions. I'm currently looking at working while on leave (or work full time and not turn back to uni after the duration of leave) but am unsure how likely I am in getting a pass at this  point - but thats a discussion for visas!

Hope to have a good time in this community!

Hi all,

My name is Antje and i come from Germany. I am currently stay in Singapore till end of may and i will come back to singapore with our new born child in september. I´m a graphic designer and i love it to photograph.

I hope to find here new friends for leisure activities e.g. drinking coffee, cinema, sport activities, to learn something over singapore. Perhaps here are also some young or expecting mothers for exchange of experiences.

Look forward to hear from everyone.
Cheers
antje

hi there

I'm in Melbourne, hi all

Bonjour Marie,

I am starting work in Singapore with a constant business trip to Indonesia, especially Jakarta as well. Would be cool if we can do dinner/coffee(quit drinking apparently lol) after work in Sg or Jkt. :)

Hi all,

My name is Giang, I'm from Vietnam originally but have been living here for 16 years. I am an IT professional and real estate consultant. Hope to get to know you guys better :)

Giang

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie in this forum.im originally from PHilipines.I travel to Singapore from time to time.i hope to find here new friends.

Hope to hear from you guys,
Katrina

Hi giang,

Is it okay to ask for your number?

Kat

I'm a local Singapore guy, in my late thirties, who will like to meet up with more friends here.

I like sports, and likes to have good conservation, dinner and hang out.

Im sure that we can be very good conversationists. Hope to hear from you soon.

Iam indian cook.my drime working in singapore.

kambojiprashanth wrote:

Iam indian cook.my drime working in singapore.

Who is your drime and what does he do in Singapore?

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please post in the jobs section

Hello there! I'm Rose from Philippines but staying here in Singapore for 5 years, I will stay here til may 2016, hope to meet friends here. :)

God bless us!

Hi,
i am Malaysian. just got a job offer

Hi,

My name is Marina and I'm from Japan. 25 yrs old. It's the first time in Singapore and I've worked here since last week. I can also speak French because my major at university was french literature. I like yoga and meeting ppl. I'd like to chat and go lunch together with you. I'll stay in Sg for at least 2 years.

Thanks,

Marina

Hi i Hjh mariam fr singapore. Anybody need help of course not money. Do not hesitate to pm me.   Maybe need to rent room or hse . Any disscussion also can pm me.

Japanese that speaks French, it would nice to hear  :top:

hi to all im chen, im originally from PHilipines.I travel to Singapore to work.i hope to find here new friends. I planning to move in Europe to find job.

Hi guy.

Nice to meet you.

Hello everyone,

I just recently moved to Singapore with my husband. I am originally from Peru but have lived in the U.S. for 14 years.
I would lovw to meet and make friends in Singapore ; my interests are
-long distance running
- Animal lover (dogs)
-Foodie (I love to eat :) )

Hi I am an Aussie retiree  i am planning to move to Singapore, i am hoping to play some golf and tennis (if affordable as i am pensioner) i also follow the Crows and Port Power in the AFL  I am not a big drinker but enjoy a social one after sport. But my main concern is finding something to do while my lady is at her workplace. So at the moment i am just checking out any options. I am currently doing a course to teach English overseas.

Hi all,

Ilyas here looking to connect with the Thai expats here in Singapore. I have a job opportunity for those interested :)

Thanks!

Closed