New to Belo Horizonte from London

Hi,

My name is Anthony, I arrived here in BH last week and am hoping to stay here for the foreseeable future. I'm currently learning Portuguese via duolingo and looking for courses or a private teacher, however my Portuguese is poor right now so it would be nice to meet some more English speakers in the city and I would appreciate any advice on visas, work and living here :)

All the Best!

http://www.mass.gov/lwd/eolwd/multilingual-information/multilingual/multicultural-banner-flags-welcome.jpg

Hi Cappers,

On behalf of everybody here at Expat-blog, welcome on board. I hope your participation here is both enjoyable and informative.

Don't forget that if you're here in Brazil as a tourist on a VWP entry, "for the foreseeable future" is limited to a maximum of 180 days. Also tourists are not permitted to work or study while in Brazil.

If you hold a VITEM-IV Student Visa then you're OK to study and can remain in Brazil as long as you can keep renewing the visa stay.

If you're looking for a private teacher for Portuguese I'll see if I can round up somebody for you. I used to live in BH for several years.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello Anthony and welcome to BH.

My name is Barry. I'm from Canada and I have been living in Belo Horizonte for the past 4 years.

If you need anything, let me know.

Cheers,

Barry

Hi Anthony,

Tomorrow night is the Minas International* Trivia Night at Bar do John.  Always crowded, always fun and always in English.  It is held more or less on a bi-monthly basis.   To get more details and register you can CLICK HERE.

Maxine

* Minas International is a not for profit, volunteer organized and operated association connecting English speakers living working and doing business in Minas Geras. (www.minasinternational.com)

Hi Anthony,

Welcome to BH!
If you need help with Portuguese or to get acclimated to your new home just let me know.

Cheers!