VITEM IV - Student Visa for a Romanian

Can anyone help me out with this?

My girlfriend is a Romanian citizen and she is trying to apply for her student visa in Bucharest. She is going to take a preparation course for vestibular (cursinho) and already have the invitation letter, criminal record and all the other things. The embassy in Bucharest saw all these documents and gave a "go" on all of them, except the ticket back thing.

They require a return ticket for her to apply for the visa but:
1- She is not going back to Romania, since her intention is getting into university.
2- Even if she wanted to buy a ticket back to Romania, the end date of her visa is supposedly July 2016 and airline companies don't even sell tickets with such anticipation.

My questions are:
A: Can she apply for her visa with any exit ticket, such as a flight ticket to Buenos Aires or a bus ticket to Asunción?
B: Can this ticket be earlier than July 2016, like March or February?

Thank you!!
I really count on you experts!

She should go to the Brazilian consulate and of course show them the round trip ticket.

It happends with all foreigners esxept Mercosul citizens

Hey. Thanks but thats not really my concern. as i mentioned, she was already at Bucharest's embassy. My doubts are letter A and B at the bottom of my message.
Thanks

The legal requirement is simply an "outbound" ticket to any country that she already has a visa to enter, or may enter without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program. Do a Google search to find out if Romanian citizens require a visa to enter Argentina or any of the neighboring South American countries. If she can enter any of them without a visa then you can purchase a bus ticket that would be dated for travel just before the expiry date of her visa stay. That should satisfy the Consulado and get her visa issued.

Cheers,
James         Expat-blog Experts Team

Hey James!

Thanks for the answer. That's exactly what we needed to know.

Cheers!
Fernando