Moving to Rincon

So am I. I will be relocating soon.

I am going to relocate to Rincón in mid June. My son is an avid surfer,  it looks like Rincon is a hot spot for surfers. I currently own a local bar and grill on South Padre Island, TX. I'm selling my business, want a slower pace. I would however be interested in maybe opening a small food hut of some sort. What are the legalities on doing so?
Any and all information about housing, places to rent long term will be greatly  appreciated!!
I will be there mid April to secure living quarters. Looking for a furnished 2 bdm/1 bath furnished, all bills paid, walking distance to beach apt or house...
thanks all

Hello all,

I will be relocating to Rincon mid June. My son is an avid surfer, it looks like Rincon is the right place. We will be flying down mid April to secure living quarters.
I am looking for a 2 bdm, 1 bath furnished, walking distance to beach apt or house. Prefer all bills paid.
We currently reside on South Padre Island, TX. We are familiar with island life, have spent months on Culebra.  I own a bar and grill which I am selling to relocate. We are looking for a slower pace, however I may be interested  in opening a small food shack of some kind after we settle in. Any and all information regarding housing, commercial prpperty, etc will be greatly appreciated. I'm a fantastic cook, so hook me up with information and I'll cook ya a great meal!😊

Hey Jackie,

I just talked to a lady in Rincon (her name is Talia) about a place.  It is on craigslist.  Opening up in April.  She wants a 6 month lease and will consider a year long.  It is $1k/month, $1k down, $500 security.

It is a little out of my price range but wanted to pass it along.  Very, very nice!! Good area, good schools.

Good luck!

Liz

PS  I'm moving in June with my kiddos too. I am visiting on 25th April. The kids are 10 and 12 (my oldest is 20, but in school now, so he won't be joining.)  Maybe we will meet up some day!!

Hi Liz!

I most likely will be in Rincon when you are. My grandson is 15. Where are you moving from? You can private message me on Facebook: jackie paddock 
hope to hear from you!
Jackie

(Moderated: do not post your phone number here)

where can I see pics

https://www.expat.com/en/pictures/centr … erto-rico/

Hello, and a preemptive Welcome to PR!

There was an interesting aritcle in the latest edition of El Coqui of Rincon magazine, in which a business owner tells of how supportive the community, even other businesses, were in helping her get her business started. With that in mind, you can read the article; "Who are you going to believe" at the magazine's own website:   http://www.elcoquiofrincon.com/

I'm not sure if you can also see all the local business' adverts, but if you can, you would most certainly be able to contact them (via FB or their own websites), and see what the local rules & regs are.

I hope this helps! Don't forget to shoot me a message, when you get here!

Mac-

Hi Jackie...I'm pasting the craigslist link.  I don't have a facebook, only google plus.  Probably best to just message you here.

It is actually a 3 bedroom, but wanted to send it your way :)http://puertorico.craigslist.org/apa/4951349353.html

Talk soon,

Liz

I was needing pictures of a condo avail

Liz, it's only for 6 months. I need a year...

Well the green house I had my hopes set on is not available. The owner wants to keep it open for vacation rentals only which, I fully understand living on an island, as we are a vacation destination here on Padre Island as well.
I am looking for a long term (1 yr with option to renew) 2-3 bdm
furnished
wifi
w/d
close to beach as possible
$1000 or less per month
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Jackie

Do you know any Spanish at all? Check out clasificadosonline.com. Check every day. Hell, check several times a day. It has a wealth of info on houses, condos and apts. for rent and sale in all price ranges all over the island..

Hey there Mac!!
Been really busy here getting the wheels in motion for the big move. I rented a place at the Oasis for 6 months. Its a lovely place. I arrive on May 5th. Looking forward to meeting you!
Jackie

Likewise! Alice and I are happy to give you any tips (in our limited knowledge!).

Safe trip!!!

Awesome, thanks!!