Moving to Kenya - Mombasa area

Hello everyone, I have just returned from my third visit this year to a small village just outside Mombasa. It is now my intention to retire and move over to Kenya and live with with my Kenyan girlfriend.I think I need to apply for a K permit (is this correct?) I will have an independant pension which will be ample to live on, I have recently opened a Kenyan Bank Account and will arrane to transfer my pension on a monthly basis. I am not planning on bringing many personal possesions with me as I think I can get everything I need in Mombasa.  So what I am after is any sound advice from any of you reading this blog, as o things I should be doing to help with the process of moving.

Many thanks and best wishes
John

hi
i have been in the Mombasa area for about 3 years and know lots of Brit's who live here.
Start by coming on a tourist visa and contact people who have been here for a long time for advice. There are a few over here who meet up mornings and will be able to help you sort things out as we have been thru the 'Kenyan mangle' already so we know the pitfalls (and believe me there are an awful lot).
If you need to know anymore e-mail me.
regards
Chris
[email protected]