Moving to Oslo - English speaking schools

Hello,
Just got an offer to work in Oslo for 1 year.   We are trying to work out the details but one of the big things is school for my kids.  They will be 14 and 16 when we move.

Does anyone know if there are other English speaking school options besides the Oslo international school?

Also,
Any opinions on the International school?  it is very expensive so i am worrying that is a bit 'elitist'   .

Thanks for any help

Hey,

Beside the international school, some of the Oslo public schools (free) propose the International baccalaureate (IB) curriculum where the teaching is done in English except for Norwegian classes. I have a friend who was not a Norwegian speaker who took these classes.
Below is the list of schools that proposes IB, but I recommend you contact them to know whether it is the full version of IB or the light one.
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio … calaureate

As for the international school, it is quite expensive but have a very good reputation.

Hello,

Me along with my family are moving to Oslo,i have a similar query for my daughter's school.

She is 6 years old and we are looking for an English medium public (free)  school

Can you guide with some options

Regards,

Aspan

Hi,
I am PhD in biomedical Physics. I got an offer for a post doc research (two years), from oslo. We are family of four, me, my wife and two kids.
I want to ask 3 questions,
1. salary offered is NOK 550000 per annum, will it be enough for us to live there easily?
2. I have permanent job in my country and have to leave it to come there, can I get permanent job later if I want to set there?
3. Do public schools offer english sllybus in oslo? because private international schools are very expensive, if yes please name those.

Will be grateful for your advices and guidance.
Thanks