Places and activities In Kuwait

When is the next camel race gona start

Hello am new to Kuwait and thanks for sharing this coz i have had a broad knowledge abt places to visit. Very interesting post

Hello Avormey,

The post is quite old, but I hope you get some reverts.

Best of Luck!  :par:

Marjorie

Imaxxxxx :)

We tried this live escape game in Kuwait city and it's super fun. Grab some friends and break out of an office in less than 60 minutes. roomofclues.com

Hi, thanks for the valuabla information , butt do You have any idea if anyone organizing tours or trips to thèse places ?

the AWARE center Kuwait used to give tours to places, but not sure if they still are.

Omarbob wrote:

At first thanks to my friend Kenjee he asked me to add this post  :)

- AlHamra tower
Completed in 2011, Al Hamra Tower pierces the Kuwait City skyline to an impressive height of 412 metres. Its original and stunning design is by the famous architectural firm Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill, known for designing countless skyscrapers, including Burj Khalifa in Dubai. Within the building is a shopping complex, offices, and a rooftop restaurant.
Have fun and visit it :)

Aquairum and IMAX
is located at Salmiya area, at the beach side. The attractions in Scientific Center will be the aquarium and the IMAX. The entrance fee will be 3KD for each but you may get 5KD entrance tickets for both sites. The shark aquarium is the biggest one in the complex among the other smaller ones.

-Camel races
From Nov to Mar you can visit the Kuwait Camel Racing Club to see the camel races. Instead of small boys, remote controlled robots are used to race the camels, operated by men in jeeps alongside the track!
It is after 7th ring road

-Kuwait Beach Malls
Mall is the only place you can enjoy in Kuwait when the temperature will reach 50`C.Kuwait has good malls,especially with the beach view like Marina mall,Soukh Sharq,and Al Kout Mall.All of them has nice food courts and cafes with the beautiful view of Kuwait beaches.The most important thing,it is a safe place for everybody.You can rent a yacht and roaming around the mall,you can go for fishing,or just sit yourself watching sunset there. Dress up for the malls !! The Kuwait beach malls are the best ones among other malls, you may see well fashioned local people here too. Dont be shy to put your make up on girls, many Kuwaiti girls will spend hours in beauty pailors before going to the mall. Great sunrise at the Marina Crescent side and the best sunset in Shouk Sharq mall. See the separated tips for each mall in shopping tips.

- Take a helicopter ride!
If you know anyone at the American military bases in Kuwait, you can try to go on a helicopter ride. If not, you will certainly see the American choppers flying around the country.
It's defiantly the fastest way between any two points in this country, or between Kuwait and Iraq.

Omar

Does AlHamra Tower has an observation deck?  and is the restaurant open to walk-ins (or you need reservations)?

The Aquarium is pretty cool to see at least once   :)

Starting to heat up so doubt the Camel Races are still happening... ?

The malls 'are' the social event of Kuwait ...

Helicopter Rides?  Really?  lol  ... I'm "lucky" to find someone to get me the occasional pack of bacon off the post ... lol  :D

Air_bay80s wrote:

To add up:

7.  Chill at Skyzone(in Fahaheel) if you like live band performance.

9.  Kayaking and quad ride a.k.a. Buggy at Khiran (You need the whole day for this since in took us forever to go there and the possibility of being lost is high if you are not local, which I supposed you're not coz you are reading this😏).

12.  Shisha and arabic music band at Ras Al Ard Club ( If you're into arabic traditions. Tried it and it's a once and a lifetime experience :whistle: ).

Have fun!  :top:

Skyzone is still open? and they have live bands? ... hmmmmm ... (is it a safe place to be going?) building probably needs to be condemned ... lol ... (I know they were taring down some of the near by buildings)

Where is Khiran?  They're renting Kayaks there? ... sounds cool  :)

Ras Al Ard Club is where?  lol  ...and are they're other live music venues around kuwait?  (if they're private, just private mail me the info ... lol)  ;)

This is a cool post ... good shared info  :D

Wanna visit those places... Who can drive me out there guys...???

Regards

Rone
Sharq

:) Wow thanks for all great things to do in Kuwait.  I'll be moving there in august can't wait now!!

:top:

Enigmausly wrote:
Air_bay80s wrote:

To add up:

7.  Chill at Skyzone(in Fahaheel) if you like live band performance.

9.  Kayaking and quad ride a.k.a. Buggy at Khiran (You need the whole day for this since in took us forever to go there and the possibility of being lost is high if you are not local, which I supposed you're not coz you are reading this😏).

12.  Shisha and arabic music band at Ras Al Ard Club ( If you're into arabic traditions. Tried it and it's a once and a lifetime experience :whistle: ).

Have fun!  :top:

Skyzone is still open? and they have live bands? ... hmmmmm ... (is it a safe place to be going?) building probably needs to be condemned ... lol ... (I know they were taring down some of the near by buildings)

Where is Khiran?  They're renting Kayaks there? ... sounds cool  :)

Ras Al Ard Club is where?  lol  ...and are they're other live music venues around kuwait?  (if they're private, just private mail me the info ... lol)  ;)

This is a cool post ... good shared info  :D

Affirmative. Not sure of the Skyzone's state ATM though. Will send you a link of a fun group where you can join in and have some fun activities (Not dull ones where you just sit around a cafe and hang out/stare at each other...But hey if that's your cup of tea, there's nothing wrong with chilling and spacing out once in a while, just ignore my previous statement.) all over Kuwait. I used to be an active member before and I had loads of good memories of Kuwait because it.

If you want entertainment  Just go to Dubai mate ....crap here and that's a person who has been here 30 yrs  Enjoy

Have you heard about room of clues then?
@roomofclues

Thanks,
Nice post

Hi I'm new in the area we are English from Liverpool in England I have come out with my daughter who is nineteen my husband been out here for three years working has a teacher , I'm just wandering is there anywhere my daughter could meet new friends in the salmya area or us there any clubs she could join for her age. Group 18 to 26 x

Your best bet would be to join clubs. Like the Corniche Club etc.

Also it is very quiet at this time of year.

Thank you, we learned lot of from your post about enjoyable places you described. Thanks again.

Aqua Park located on the Arab Gulf Street, adjacent to Kuwait Towers is a good option at this time of the year. You will have lot of fun.

can i play counter strike in Kuwait ..?? any gaming parlor for hardcore gamer like me..!!

Hi all,
Nice post about all the places to visit in the City.
I would like to vist the Mirror house, the Towers and some museums to begin with.
As a newcomer with no car, are they any tour operators/sight-seeing bus tours etc?
I am keen to avoid Taxis as the fares can add up if wanting to see many places. I couldnt find bus service journey planners looking at KPTC website.
Thanks in advance

Hi Orthodoc. You should try roomofclues.com

Bus no. 15 stops right in front of the building.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links / groups / websites not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you Omarbob  for the post

I am really looking forward to this. I've heard that it is pretty exciting...

Anyone can give me more information about the Camel races

They take places during winter season (when that exactly starts I don't know), Saturdays at 2PM. I'm sure there is probably info in Arabic about the details as once I went there and there was no event scheduled, but the general rule above applies.

I hear there's a social walk and meet up at the Scientific Center in Salmiyah Friday Oct 28 at 8:00 pm.

Saw the info on Mark's site...you know the one I mean, since I can't post an external link.

anyone been to cozmo bowling or willing to go?
I did it in the US and definitely is fun...

I'm definitely interested!

Best activities that you can do some sports like rollerblading In marina beach , Kuwait city if you have rollerblade you can try to find it out . Urban skate would nice too.

You can go to swim some several areas , i do swimming ,Skim boarding free diving.

you can do rollerblading  Urban skate see where are nice roads as well or skimboard Surfing in  Funtas beach .

I was surf before but my board is broken unfortunately but still  do skating though :P

Good job 👌🏻👌🏻

U mentioned all the g ood places.

Kuwait is a nice place to be

their are many clubs i don't recommend but if she want to go for girls exclusively GYM would be champion GYM Jabriya , depends of what she is interests.

in my opinion do some outdoor sports would be fun like skating and other sports in salmiya