Bicycles

:idontagree:    Ha ha ha.  Same here!  Suicycles.... and the SHOES!!!!  Oh my!

DOT approved helmet? In the DR? Jajajajaja. This is funny!

Many years ago President Fernandez had a program in which he donated thousands of helmets and other international organizations as well. I guess those helmets are sitting at home on the shelf...,,go figure :/

Actually the ones they gave a way a few years ago were cheap plastic helmets and no way would be DOT approved.

Bob K

DOT  is a figment of someone's imagination here.......LOL.    Its sad cause we do need it.   It breaks my heart to see  5 people on a motorcycle and maybe, maybe the driver has a batting helmet on!   2 or 3 little kids hanging on for dear life while they cut in and out of traffic.

I really do not care what adults choose to do when they endanger their lives, but I really get my knickers in a knot over the kids!!!!

Wow! What a Cheapskate! I guess his heart is not where his wallet is! :(  If you are going to make a difference, at least give something that is worthwhile. That is the least he could have done for his people after all the cash that was diverted elsewhere in projects that some of the poorest might not even see the fruits of. I don't someone in Barrio Blanco cares very much about a shiny metro when they still live in a Zinc hut with no electricity or quality drinking water. :(

DOT is like OSHA here.  Both sets of guide lines do not exist here nor adhered to.

Bob K