Beaches outside of Kuwait?

Trying to figure out where find nice beach to go to swim outside of Kuwait city. Is any nice places without renting chalet? Just to go for a day. Thank you.

there is one good place its called Juliaa nearby to khiran resrots

juliaah , its nearby to Khiran resorts

Thank you hassona. Is it public beach or beach park? How to find it?

This is the location. You pick a spot before actually entering Khiran resort. The whole area is still in development, once it is finished the beach access will be private and off limit to public, so take advantage of it while you still can.
https://goo.gl/maps/wpVuF

Thank you Ribosom. We actually were in a area weekend before trying to find any access to beach. It looks like everything under development and other part with tall ground wall. It was just stupid driving between chalet/villas blocks. Finally we stayed at Resort but there you can't swim because of crazy water bikers . Noise is just terrible and I definitely will not risk to swim. Is it  some particular entrance to this beach? Water looks so beautiful in an area.

Yes, they try hard to keep the beach fenced off and there was a deep ditch I had to jump over last time, but it is doable. Usually I take a left turn just before the bridge and park here:

https://goo.gl/maps/4P6lq

Unfortunately the crazy jet ski riders are everywhere ruining what would be an otherwise a nice and quiet beach. Since you are a girl, don't be surprised if they come over and harass you. Last time there were two girls minding their own business in the water, these guys came over on their jet skis and when the girls did not show any interest in them they sprayed water in their faces with the jet engines. Very classy.

Anyway, last time I was there was over 6 months ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if they raised even more barriers preventing people to go anywhere near the water, but I am planning to go again soon and will find out I guess. :-/

It sounds quite wilde to jump over the ditch :) specifically if you have little girl with you. Ya it was a few spots near the bridge you can possibly go through but we were looking for some more civilized access. And I don't really care about harrassing guys, I'm going with my husband. So it would be all right if wouldn't be so sad with access. Probably, chalets are only an option if you go there. :( Thanks Ribosom

I was jumping over the ditch with a 1.5 year old in my hands, almost causing us to plant our faces in the sand. :)

Unfortunately it is a "worakround" soultion.

Will see, maybe it worth it ( to jump over ):). You are extreme guy.

That's not all. On our way down I ran out of gas (It is a long story...). Luckily we got stranded only a couple of hundred meters from the gas station, so I dragged him back to the station, bought a canister, filled it up with gas and we were on our way. If my wife was present she would kill me for that adventure.

Anyway, I can inform you when we are planning our next trip down there so you may join if you don't mind the company and the kids can hurt themselves together.

As I said before, you are quite extreme guy. With 1.5 yo I probably stay in Hilton or maximum Fintas beach.
But anyway thank you for invitation. My daughter loves playing with other kids. Unfortunately we leaving Kuwait this week to finish school and will be back in July.
My husband will be available for a company. He is enjoying swimming and can do same extreme things if I don't know about them:). if you don't mind leave me your contacts on my email.

Hi, my advise to you is to go to swimming pools only because most beaches in Kuwait are polluted even the private beaches at hotels and resorts, many people are suffering from diseases including cancer because of swimming at the beaches. many  people eat only imported fish.

news.kuwaittimes.net/environmental-disasters-kuwaiti-beaches-hospital-area/
destination-scuba.com/sewage-pollution-kuwait.html

Thank you Fesal. I'll keep it in mind. How about beaches around kheram? Are they polluted as well?

You are welcome, do you mean Khiran ? The last time i went there it was in the late 1990s :) i don't know anything about the current condition over there.

Fesal Khaled wrote:

Hi, my advise to you is to go to swimming pools only because most beaches in Kuwait are polluted even the private beaches at hotels and resorts, many people are suffering from diseases including cancer because of swimming at the beaches. many  people eat only imported fish.

news.kuwaittimes.net/environmental-disasters-kuwaiti-beaches-hospital-area/
destination-scuba.com/sewage-pollution-kuwait.html

Wow… that's a pretty subjective/provocative (and quite unsubstantiated) statement … who conducted the study and where can I find the white paper on how swimming at the beach caused cancer in specific individuals?   lol

As an Environmental Professional working in the region, I would be much more worried about air quality (especially long term exposure to silica) then that of whether there are measureable amounts of hydrocarbons heavier then a PPB in an ocean of Sodium Chloride Solution … even in the small pockets of product accumulation external exposers to levels in this range worry me little. 

Generalizing about the dangers of eating seafood out of the region is another simple scare tactic designed to create fear in the uneducated.  Again my worries would be very specific … termed more towards issues surrounding Methylmercury and the biomagnification process of specific species of ‘fish' (local Tuna, Shark, and other large predators)

Use your common sense, avoid areas with heavy marine motor traffic, don't swim in areas with a collection of shimmering scum, …and have fun!  lol

The articles referred to, one of an incident 6 years ago, and the other by a publication that seldom shows any form of credible supporting documentation beyond that of he said she said, do little to convince me of a real “substantiated” threat. 

Do understand … the ocean in general is a living/breathing organism in and to itself (a metaphor) … and is quite capable of cleaning and purging impurities from its waters at a much faster rate then most would think based on its own size and composition.  The earth itself dumps more impurities into its oceans then we ever have or will through subsurface volcanic activities (including that of Methylmercury) … (as such, what makes imported seafood any better?) and that's done nothing to kill off the worlds coral reefs nor keeping me from my scuba.  lol

:D

Oh, it's so nice of you Enigmausly clarify this subject. I was almost start new topic on emvironmenral issues in Kuwait. If it so unsafe to swim and even eat local fish very hard to make a decision bring your family in. So far you are environmental professional living  in Kuwait and not having complaints on health, sea and food, I can consider Kuwait as safe , enviromentaly, place. Thanks a lot.

Not saying there aren't issues throughout the world, including here... but most tend to be blown way out of proportion on a 'relative' level.  (as a culture here, if they could just learn to actually 'respect' the people around them and stop throwing their trash on the 'ground'... that would be a good 'start' ... lol)  everything in small bites 

:D

Hi dear

What are you looking for, you can enjoy in Ras Al-Aradh Beach opposite to Holiday inn Hotel. It is a private Beach by tickets 3KD for individual but it is allowed for families not single. I have used to go there with my workmate's family otherwise i can not enter. :)

Thank you.  It sounds good. Definitely we will check this one.