Moving

Have a home already there and want to ship maybe the smalles container with items we really wan to keep from our home in Orlando. Dos e anyone know who I can contact about a container and the price range...about? I know my car will cost a little over a $1000 from Jacksonville . Thx

Hi Silvia,

I know one of the other members posted in another forum (can't remember which!!).  She actually shipped a lot of her items through USPS (bedding,etc.).  Not sure about big items like furniture, but she said that she saved by shipping via usps.  I would suggest perusing the other forums as well.  And, I'm sure someone who knows more than me will reply to your post :)

cheers,

Liz

Thanks for the info. Yes I do ship already was just thinking last 10-20 boxes and paint sprayer and other items...no furniture. But I think my best go is usps and just sell rest what can't go..

Call Rosa del Monte. They have offices in Orlando and PR. They specialize in shipping stuff back and forth from US to PR. We used them to get there and to leave. They will come out to your house and go through everything with you. But watch them closely. They will pad the bill just like the rest of them if you don't stay on top of everything. They will get your stuff there in about 4 weeks and get it through customs quickly. Pay 50% up front and the balance at delivery time. They will ship your paint sprayer too.

I shipped half of a container with Allied from Ft Lauderdale to Ponce, PR. this was about 13 years ago. I remember the rates being reasonable. I recall somewhere between $3000 and$4000. lots of heavy furniture. They took care of customs in San Juan and getting it to the other side of the Island. I will be shipping another container within the year so I will be doing more research and will post my findings as the information comes up

I'm in New York coming to PR in June just got a quote from I Move Green for my one bedroom Apartment for $7700 . They pack load ship from door to door includes everything. Thinking about it ! It almost fills one 20ft container is what they said.. U-pack was $4500 but you have to do everything yourself..

Hello Johnny.We are moving to PR As soon as we sell our lovely home here in Atlanta. I was in PR a few months ago doing some research about which area to live and whether to ship our furniture or by everything there. They have Rooms to go and Ashley furniture. We decided just to go ahead and buy everything in the Island and USPS some stuff. It will be about the same price without all the headache. I think $7700 would be enough to nicely furnish a one bedroom apartment if you don't mind rooms to go. Good luck in paradise.

Thank you I just bought this furniture and it is expensive think I'm going to ship it I have other things as well..  Johnny

that makes sense.