Looking for open minded girls to hangout with in Riyadh

Hi Aya

Interesting idea of a girls only thread. However there is already too much gender segregation here, I do hope we are not trying to segregate the internet as well. Of course harrassment should be dealt with, but merely being male on a forum  or a thread is not a crime  is it?

Regards

Evening Star

eveningstar wrote:

Interesting idea of a girls only thread. However there is already too much gender segregation here, I do hope we are not trying to segregate the internet as well. Of course harrassment should be dealt with, but merely being male on a forum  or a thread is not a crime  is it?

Regards

Evening Star

If the ladies want to have a thread where they can arrange lady only meets, there is no problem, and we guys should back off.
Let  them have their space, please. :)

@ Evening Star > Fred explained the situation very well !  :top:

It is not a crime at all, but the fact is that if a female want to make only female friends, she has the right and the guys should only respect her decision. It would have been the same if a guy wanted to create a thread for guys only. ;)
Do not worry, there is no gender segregation here.

Best Regards

Priscilla

I'm in for meeting up at Starbucks in the DQ! Did you girls plan something yet? :)

eveningstar wrote:

Regards

Evening Star

It has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with segregation, and EVERYTHING to do with respect. When a female member of Expat-blog posts a topic thread seeking FEMALE friendships and/or meet-ups, that means exactly what it says. It should be respected by you and all other members, whether you like it or not.

Put the shoe on the other foot... how would you feel if you posted a topic thread which was virtually highjacked by other members, worse still if were a topic that you intended for a specific audience only?????

It's curious that we have some forums where the male members seem to be of the impression that they're the only ones who matter and they can't resist the urge to poke their noses in where it isn't wanted or even asked for. That's simply RUDE, and that has nothing to do with segregation.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

I have a tip for you Evenstar:

Why don't you open a thread and organize a gathering to meet up so men and women can meet together?

How cool is that?

Do let me know, i might like to drop in sometime

When shall we all meet?

Can we all meet pleeeeease?!

Hey sorry for delay I wasn't getting alters from Expat.com for some reason

Anyway shout me lets hook up my number XXX
Ciao xx

Hi selma2012,

We strongly recommend that members DO NOT post personal / identifying information such as telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, user names for other social networks, etc., to our open forums for obvious personal security reasons.

This is especially important for FEMALE members and in particular on THIS forum. I'm sure you will soon regret having posted your telephone number here. You can control the private messages you receive here, by reporting them and blocking the senders. You can report offensive topic postings too. But, what are you going to do now about any annoying telephone calls you start to receive? We have no way of controlling them.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

Giving away your number like that not a good idea.

Hey,

I've just moved to Riyadh and looking to venture out, missing the UK heaps to be honest! Need to meet some nice, fun people? Please let me know how this whole thing works?

Hi Ladies,

Just been reading through some of the more recent posts and i must admit youve got my attention. Im also a bored expat living in Riyadh missing girly company.

Im here with my husband and originally from the UK.

Would love to join in on the starbucks fun!

Hope your all well,

Ayesha :)

Hmmm define open-minded

Ladies, do let me know if u want to join us for the desert trip. I have already shared a topic , u may see it or I can share details  here or in pm

Hi Ayesha,

Where you from in the UK? I've come to Riyadh with my husband too. Missing people to generally hang out. Let me know if you want to meet up!

I do not know if you already arranged  schedule for meetings
I love to join open minded people  as my person ...please let me  know if you arrange any meeting   
looking  forward to hear from you ladies

I love the sitting by the pool thing  :D

Yes dear i m here for u

gulfam wrote:

Yes dear i m here for u

Are you a lady?

If it is a weekday , count me in :)

Any cool ladies would like to join our group meet up (Aya and spanish gf too)??

:)

Anything coming up in the near future ??  :/

Hi Sara
I am from Saudi living in Riyadh, where do you live

Hey, I'm new to Riyadh and am also in search of some female friends having left all mine in the UK  :)