Need your advice urgently for banking.

Hi All,

I am living in myanmar with my family. I want to ask you all, how you all manage money transfer from Myanmar to your home country ? As far I know we can receive money from outside Myanmar (Inbound) by western union, but I never heard about outbound.

I am struggling now to transfer money to india. I have HDFC NRI account, hope guys from india well known about the bank. what are the possibility to transfer money from myanmar to india.

I dont have any other bank accounts, kindly please do advice.

Your kind reply could be solve my issues.

Warm Regards
G.Balaji

Hi anyone could you please look in to the above message and advice solution ?

Awaiting for your responses.

What currencies can you make bank to bank transfers in from Myanmar?  Once you know these, you can find out how to get the money out and potentially exchange it into your needed currency.

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to transfer USD  to my NRI account which i holding in India.

Kindly please do advice the possible ways to transfer.

Thanks
G. Balaji

You will need to open a USD account in the same bank as you have a local currency account, exchange into USD and then make the SWIFT transfer. **But they may be able to arrange the transfer direct from the local currency to the destination account - you will need to ask.

This is classic banking, but at least it is safe.

If you use the USD route, this assumes that the receiving bank account is either in USD as well, or the bank in India will exchange into whatever currency the destination account is in on arrival.

You need to ask that question. Its easier to have dollar accounts as the main currency and exchange to various currencies as needed.

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for your advice.

I am holding NRE Account, its a USD account only, but finally it transfered to INR. My question is how we transfer the USD from myanmar, is there any option available in myanmar bank for foreign transfer ?

Other hand, can we able to transfer the USD from myanmar to india via western union ?

Transfers can always be made from bank to bank. You either do it through online banking, or you write a letter to your bank and give them the details e.g. please close my Myanmar account and transfer the funds to xxxxxxxxxxxx account.