Job Offer from Greka Oila and Gas Company - Need advice urgently

Hi All,

I would like to have your idea how the Canadian job offer is made when the candidate is in Out of country ?

I got offer from Greka oil and Gas Company, Santa Maria. as an Electrical Design Engineer, the email looks like original from company website. But some of the things is non standard compare to asian style.

In the email they mention job description in brief and all the terms conditions. They attached the Contract agreement copy and Questions which i need to answers its like a behavioral Questions. But i have certain questions in mind, could you please clarify ?

1. Is the company can send the agreement without interview (they asked me to write the answers in white paper, if they satisfy they will send the official offer letter)
2. In the agreement all seems to be ok, they never asked any money also asked me to sign and send the document along with Answers, passport copy and degree certificates all are scanned copy only.
3. If they fake, what they will gong to do with my scanned copies of degrees and passports.

GREKA OIL& GAS COMPANY
1700 Sinton Road, Santa Maria CA
93458,  United States Of America
Tel:  +1-805-259-1212
Fax:  +1-805-347-1070

Experts please do advice is it fake or original, your advice will help me to take the decision.

Thanks
G. Balaji

Hi Balaji,

I got the same for Mechanical Design Engineer.
You got any response from others for your queries?
I feel this is fake.
Have you done payment for Visa process?

Thanks.
Muthu

Personally, any companies that tells you that they'd give you an offer without having any form of interview at all sounds dodgy (fake) to me.

Even if it isn't fake, this company has a bad record of how its being manage.

Read the following:
http://www.independent.com/news/2008/ap … -business/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greka_Energy

Hi Muthu,

Not yet. I felt this is fake, so I wont process further, I tried to call them, but cannot reachable. Also I fwd the email to Greka Hr and asked them to make sure its from Your company. I didnt get any response from them too..

Hi Philipyeo,

Yes I Felt the same. None company never send the contract agreement before interview.

if possible could you tell me the best way to get a job in CANADA. I already applied in monster.ca and workopolis.com.

I hve 8 years of experience in Electrical Design..

Balaji,
Don't go for payment unless you get the firm details.
I don't proceed with payment.
Thanks.

Yes I never process. I knew its fake.

good evening,

I am not an expert, but i did receive a similar offer from ICSID, no interview, one questionnaire instead, a job contract proposal, a duration of 5 years (which is very rare from UN on our days), choice between 3 locations, a starting date. But like you, no formal interview, even on the phone. So i decided to contact directly the icsid secretariat, and they confirm it was a fake offer.
the objectif is certainly at the end, we send our bank account, then they will be able to use it, as we have already signed the employement letter.
may be you can call, or at least inquiry the web master.
good luck