8 month old nursery recommendations please

Hello,

I have just moved to Malta and will soon be living near Balluta Bay and working in Sliema.

I have been looking for a nursery for my 8 month old son to go to and would love any recommendations people may have. The two which I have found and that seem the easiest to get to in terms of location are Happy Kidz and Happy Dayz - does anyone have any experience of these nurseries?

I'm sure you're probably sorted now but, if not, (and it may be a little way out for you, depending if you drive or not) I have a 7 month old daughter and she goes to Orange Tree in Gharghur- it's recently opened and run by a lovely British lady. Staff are all highly experienced, there's soft play, big outside area, baby room. I couldn't be happier with our choice.

I'm afraid I don't have experience on either of the ones you've mentioned but there's a Facebook group I'm on called 'Parents of 0-5 years in Malta' with 3,000 odd members and people are always asking for advice on nurseries/schools etc. Might be a good place to look if you haven't already.

Oh and, most importantly, welcome to Malta! We only arrived in October last year so we're pretty new to the Island too. Hope you're settling in OK? :)

We are settling in brilliantly. We have indeed found a lovely place called Newark Kindergaten which is in Gzira and I cannot recommend highly enough.

Thank you for your reply and I will definitely be checking out the Facebook group you recommend.

Are you guys settling in well also? The time seems to be going so quickly can't believe we have already been here for nearly 3 months!