Looking any expats that use Skype to talk to and meet when we move.

Hi everyone,

If there are anyone out there that uses Skype, I would love to get in touch, get some more information, and just have a few friends once we move to Ecuador (preferably Cuenca). Please let me know and I look forward to talkin.

Cheers :)

Lale, consider putting some more about yourself on this thread possibly to prompt interest in Expats contacting you.

I know you've posted before and that you love NHL hockey.

Maybe you'd like to tell us about your family, your work, your other interests, your reason(s) for moving to Ecuador.

Expats wanting to contact Lale and set up a "cita de Skype" may wish to do so via PM (personal messaging).  To get there, click on his name above his avatar..and proceed to the send-a-message option.

cccmedia in Quito

cccmedia wrote:

I know you've posted before and that you love NHL hockey.

Not a whole lot of hockey in Ecuador

Certainly.

Hockey is not my number one goal of course. I only inquired about that because it's something I grew up following. I was wondering about services through the internet. I figured since people can subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, then perhaps NHL Gamecentre since it's a streaming subscription.

My parents are a few years from retiring but would like to move to Cuenca sooner. As for myself, I do renovations and finishing up my computers school. The fast-paced, high demand lifestyle here is really becoming a little too much for all of us. We've been looking at Ecuador for a few years now and that is where we're at at this moment. I enjoy nature, sports, technology, different cultures etc.

Not sure if we are all visiting at first but it's more likely that two will go at a time because of the jobs and getting time off. Keeping in touch with some people preferably over Skype or anything like it would be great! Wouldn't feel that much alone i guess.

Hope that was a better reply :)

Cheers.

Happy to help, chat....my Skype is Louis.bourgeois333

there is a town(vilcabamba) of centenarians))) a very attractive place for foreigners. mild climate. but there is no beach. cool.

ecuadordom wrote:

there is a town (vilcabamba) of centenarians...mild climate. but there is no beach.

This is the Skype thread, Tatiana.  Are you able to Skype with Lale?

By the way, although the air and soil of Vilcabamba are healthful, the centenarians myth was debunked years ago.

If you have more to say about Vilca, please start a new thread or post on an existing thread about it, possibly using the Search Expat.com box atop this page.

cccmedia in Quito

good afternoon
I can not speak very well English, to talk on Skype. I find it easier to write.
  City of Vilcabamba, still considered the city of centenarians. and attracts tourists. The locals are proud of this city. My friends live there (Ecuador).

PS Tell me, have the opportunity to add the city of Manta (in the photo gallery). I have a lot of photos)))

ecuadordom wrote:

Manta (in the photo gallery). I have a lot of photos....

Manta is closer to Guayaquil than any of the other cities for which Expat.com is enabling photo posting, so keep that in mind when choosing the city designation for your photos. 

Below is an Expat.com page where you can start, Tatiana.

If you have technical questions about how to post photos, please PM (personal message) to posters who have already and successfully posted them, since I do not have their experience with photos.

https://www.expat.com/en/pictures/south … /guayaquil