Process of married visa in germany

Hello Penny7706,

To whom are you addressing :/

Can you clarify your post please?

Thank you,
Marjorie

I wanted To ask what is the verification process all about in Marriage Visa?
And How long does it take to process Marriage Visa?

Did you read the previous postings in this thread, as well as other threads on the same topic?

Try to apply a visitor's visa to go Germany otherwise you can take advice according to your country law.

Best of Luck...
bivaah.com/

Is my visa depends what date we give in the embassy??

Hello I need advice we are planning to get married in Germany.. What documents I need to send to my boyfriend and how long visa takes we need to wait? Thank you so much!

I wish I can meet anyone here that really can help me and give me some advice... Please please

You should ask at your nearest Standesamt (family registry) about the procedures and documents needed.

Hi everybody,

Nice seeing everyone helping each other.

@ Ms. Confuse and welcome to Expat-blog.

Maybe you can introduce yourself please  :)

You can find some infos that might help you out  in the " Living in Germany Guide" under the section formalities >>> Getting married in Germany .

Hope to hear from you soon,

Bhavna

@ Bhavna thank you for welcoming me here..

Ohh I'm sorry...

Hello I'm from Philippines 29 yrs old I have a German Boyfriend his age is 45 we've know each other almost 1 year. He visited me here thrice and we traveled together also in Singapore, Dubai and Japan. I applied twice last year for tourist visa but sad to say they refuse my application.. Now I hesitate to apply again a tourist because maybe they refuse me again and I'm thinking we waste money. Now we planning to apply for marriage visa but he said many documents we need to present.  So I need yours advice what we better to do. thank you and God Bless

As I said, you (or most likely your boyfriend) should ask at your nearest Standesamt (family registry) about the procedures and documents needed.
Please note that they are often picky and want to see definite proof of a true relationship to prevent marriages of convenience (i.e. for the sole purpose of getting a visa). If you have only known each other a year, met a few times and never lived together, this might not convince the authorities!

Hmm, based on my experienced and observation from other friends..I think, you need to show some certificates or proof of properties you have in the phl.. Accordng to my other friend, you can only have 1% chance to get an approved visa for Tourist Visa.. So when you know, you dont have anything to show then better think again,and plan for another visa that has a bigger chances to get approve :)

Gelux1990 wrote:

Hmm, based on my experienced and observation from other friends..I think, you need to show some certificates or proof of properties you have in the phl.. Accordng to my other friend, you can only have 1% chance to get an approved visa for Tourist Visa.. So when you know, you dont have anything to show then better think again,and plan for another visa that has a bigger chances to get approve :)

@Gelux1990

Thank you for your advice... What you mean about certificates? And just ordinary people I don't have any properties.. I only rented a apartment but I have a contract that I signed up.. Please can you give a example of certificate you talking about..... Thank you so much in advanced. I also thinking what if I make a promissory letter then with sealed and sign of attorney. Do you think they will accept it?

Thank you and God Bless..

Hi Ms. Confuse,,

example will be, lot property :D.if you have anything to show that you own a lot in a certain place in the phl.. That stuff is not indicated in the tourist visa requirements, but you should still show something like that during the interview. I have a friend who got denied before, and when applied a tourist visa again and showed her lot properties somewhere in manila, her visa got approved after 10-15 working days..

Until now, we dont have the exact basis, why tourist visa's get easily denied.. Even if you have everything they needed, based on the list of requirements on the site.. There would still be a big chance to get failed in the end.I am not discouraging you to try, its just for you to aware and wont expect too much to avoid disappointment.. And hey other thing, also when you dont have a very stable job in the phl :D.

Goodluck!!!!

If your planing to be a tourist in germany you must have iterenary that you have hotels and money to spent in germany take note of the currency there euro.  You must have very big money.

@ Gelux1990

Thanks for the advice it's really help... I'm sorry I think I am wrong for saying tourist visa.. :unsure  I will applying for visitor visa my boyfriend inviting me..

hi
nasa germany kna?

anne_cua wrote:

hi every one,i am a new member on this blog,i just want to hear some advice or some ideas about the married visa going in Germany.
i have a fiancee from Germany,our communication was strong chat,call,email that was everyday we do.We reach the point that we had a plan for marriage but not here in Philippines so he send me in a school which is the embassy need a proof of German basic language.Now,i just want to ask if it allowed to process the visa without meeting him in my land but our communication is very strong the problem is he can't come because of the expenses.should required to the embassy the province document that both of us meet personally?

your response is appreciated with me!!!!danke schoen every one
thank you and i wait your comment.:)

Hi,,,just need idea or any adviCe,,,I have a America fiancé  he  is working in Germany for long time,,,he apply to the German town house for our wedding this coming nov.its already confirm.now he apply a married visa for me to go to Germany he is coming to Phil this October.to submit all the requirement for married visa he apply,,,is it possible i to approve my visa bcoz this is the first time we meet...but our relation is more than two year,,,but bcoz we both busy so no time to meet and now we decided to married,,,how long to approve the visa? Pls need any idea  thank you

Hi.guten morgen.i would like to enroll german language because i believe if you marry a german its one of requirements is it true? but aside from makati is there any school affiliated by german embassy nearby my place.i am presently living in Las pinas. Thanks

Language skills are of course NOT a requirement for marrying a German. It's up to you how you communicate.
But it is needed for living in Germany. So if you want to move there, you better start taking classes.

Ok.thank you very much

Hi.i will tour in netherland to visit my family friends.then i will go to germany to meet my boyfriend who is a german .but we want to marry in denmark because they said its more easier.is it really possible to do it there.danke .CHIE

Chie antiporda wrote:

Hi.i will tour in netherland to visit my family friends.then i will go to germany to meet my boyfriend who is a german .but we want to marry in denmark because they said its more easier.is it really possible to do it there.danke .CHIE

Hey!

Im a Venezuelan national. Married in Denmark (Even tho u MUST APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE CAUSE IT TAKES UP TO 4 WEEKS TO GET AN APPOINTMENT). Got my appointment, then went to Denmark, married and the same day returned because I needed to apply for my residence permit (or i wouldve had to go back to Venezuela to ask for it)

At the Ausländerbehörde, they took our papers (My husbands income, job, savings, my savings, papers showing an insurance for me in europe, a paper that says im registered in Germany (Meldebescheinigung) and his as well. Our IDS, Marriage certificate..... and the same day I got my residence permit for 3 years!!

BUT BE WARNED. YOU MUST SPEAK A LITTLE BIT OF GERMAN. Or they will send u back no questions asked to apply in ur home country. With me, the lady just asked me if I spoke German and she saw I could because two seconds later I was sending to hell a girl that wanted to enter when it was my turn (I was the last of the day). .And i had to pop my claws.

HI ixidor1302,

Could you tell me more of the process of getting married at Denmark and after that applying for residence permit at Germany?
What documents we need to prepare (both sides). I am Malaysian and my boyfriend is a German.
I am divorced and he never got married before.
How long will all these takes?
He is coming to Malaysia by early next year to stay with me for at least a couple of months. Then after that we plan to move back to Germany together. He did mention about getting married at Denmark because as we know how much hassle to get married in Germany :( But I would like to know more as preparation how should we proceed before leaving my home country.
I don't want to waste the money by flying all over across the world a couple of times as to get this done.
Looking for guidance and how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Questions about marriage formalities in Denmark are probably better placed in the Denmark forum, not here (Germany).
Did you also consider marrying in your country (Malaysia)?

Hi Beppi,

Thanks for reply.
The best will be getting married at Germany. Denmark is the next option.
He has reservation about getting married in Malaysia.
We are not sure if this is recognise at Germany, if we do get marriage in Malaysia? We figure Denmark is a European country so it works there.
I am exploring options. Hope others could give guidance as how to do it right ;)

If Malaysia is participant in the relevant international treaty (I forgot the official name, but you can find it with Google), like most countries are, then Germany will recognise a Malaysian marriage with no problem at all.
I married in Singapore and had no problems, plus the formalities were really easy and the process straightforward (which cannot be said about European countries, I suspect not even Denmark!). So that is another option.

jayc0504 wrote:

HI ixidor1302,

Could you tell me more of the process of getting married at Denmark and after that applying for residence permit at Germany?
What documents we need to prepare (both sides). I am Malaysian and my boyfriend is a German.
I am divorced and he never got married before.
How long will all these takes?
He is coming to Malaysia by early next year to stay with me for at least a couple of months. Then after that we plan to move back to Germany together. He did mention about getting married at Denmark because as we know how much hassle to get married in Germany :( But I would like to know more as preparation how should we proceed before leaving my home country.
I don't want to waste the money by flying all over across the world a couple of times as to get this done.
Looking for guidance and how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Hi Beppi!

I am gonna try to keep this simple and easy.
Your boyfriend needs a Meldebescheinigung mit personenstandsangaben.
His ID.

You need:
Status of marriage in your home country (with apostille because its not EU)
To register in Germany before going there (A Meldebescheinigung mit personenstandsangaben) as well. (You can register in Germany on a tourist visa or whatever).
Passport

The process, is simple and easy. You pay an appointment online (70Euros), send copies of all these documents (including Visa to Germany or A stamp of entry or whatever you have if you are already in Germany), wait the 4 weeks and you get an appointment for a week later or so.

Then go, get married and come back to Germany.

Now, to make this appropiate for the Germany forum, I'll tell you what to do once you're back in Germany.

In Germany, You gonna need to go to the Ausländerbehörde with:

- Boyfriends Employment letter. (With his salary etc)
- Bank Statements (Reflecting this income)
- Savings (For you and him)
- Fill the residence permit application (you can find it online. Better to go already with it filled already because lines are massive and if they hand you one, you have to fill it and do the line again. You can write you wanna live here 1,2 or 3 years. up to you. I wrote 3 and they gave me the 3 years)
- Insurance (yours)
- Passport / ID
- Marriage Certificate

Also, as I stated before, you may need to go back to your home country. But, A LOT of people try to scare you with this, reallistically, as long as you can defend yourself when someone talks to you, you are fine :)
AND a marriage in Schengen has less issues than marrying there, then coming here, and then them telling you that you may need an apostille or whatever.
Another tip is, Go to the ausländerbehörde near the end of the day. Less people, and they are more relaxed. (I was the last of my day and it went super smoothly).

Hope i helped!

That helps

Hi, I have a quite same problem. My parents are not married which their marriage certificate is needed. What did you do in your case since you could not get a marriage certificate of your parents? If you can share the information it would be a great help. thank you =)

nerie0703 wrote:

Hi, I have a quite same problem. My parents are not married which their marriage certificate is needed. What did you do in your case since you could not get a marriage certificate of your parents? If you can share the information it would be a great help. thank you =)

A marriage certificate of your parents is only needed if your parents were married. If they were not, you should just declare that.

Thank you for that info!! =) but what do you mean I should just declare it? Is it something I do with an affidafit?

I don't understand the problem. If they ask for a marriage certificate of your parents, you just say "My parents were not married."

Hello anyone here living near in Bremen or Bremenhaven?

Hi there. I really need more information about marrying in hongkong. I'm filipino and my boyfriend is german. Will the marriage be 100% valid to the german embassy here in manila?  I plan to apply for the family reunion visa right after. Also, I was already denied for national visa twice. Will that affect my family reunion visa application? More information is very much appreciated.

Hi !

I am South African and my boyfriend lives and works in Germany ,

I spent a year in Germany (where we met) and returned to South Africa to apply for a national visa (work permit) and it got refused 😔😔

Just want to know if you were granted a normal visit visa after u got your national visa refused or did it jeopardize any other chances?

We will make holiday in Thailand soon and I would like to know if you had any luck with your marriage/visa process??!

Hey Terry, did you succeed on your application? I have started this process to get married in Germany to my fiancee, My documents are at the embassy for proofing. I just need to know if there is a possibility

How was your process Terry?

carolkhisa wrote:

Hey Terry, did you succeed on your application? I have started this process to get married in Germany to my fiancee, My documents are at the embassy for proofing. I just need to know if there is a possibility

Regarding this post and another recent one inquiring about Terry. This thread is very old. The last posting by Terry was in 2012. Even if this person would have a similar enough situation to give advice, he is not active here anymore. Better one starts a new thread asking what you want to know in detail.

Right Tomin, maybe the process has changed as well