Suggestion Required. is my salary ok to move over with a family of 4?

I am an Indian with a family of 4, with my mom, wife and 6 year old son. I am considering job offer in Nairobi with
Salary in USD (Net savings after taxes) i.e. 3600 USD + Incentives + Family Status + Expat Benefits ( Return Tickets every 2 years  + 28 days leaves per year). Kindly suggest me is this good offer to relocate along with family.

I would suggest that the flights home should be every 12 months.
Does company pay for medical insurance for you and family.
Do you get paid accommodation. 
Who pays school fees for children
Transport to and from work

If you have to pay for all of these then you will not have much left each month.

For cost of living try www.numbeo.com

Hello RSudarshan

You may also browse through other threads talking about cost of living and compare your salary in our Cost of Living in Nairobi section.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi Stumpy. Thanks a lot for your inputs. I have to check on these aspects.

Hi Kenjee,

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Strongly suggest to consider following :
1.House rentals.... depends on where your office is/where you can put your kid to school
2. School fees ranges from Ksh 25000-70000-150000 too .. depends where you want to put. The lowest I suggested is only i IGCS school I heard off
3.Vehicle... does your company give you one + fule+ driver ??
4.Medicals

Verify these

regards raj

I have got an offer of 2178USD/Month(2,00,000KSH/Month) Gross by a company in Nairobi. Kindly advise whether this salary is enough for two people.

1. Rental of apartment
2. Commuting
3. Food
4. Entertainment
5. Saving

I would consider this salary highly inadequate for an expat with family. Try to get free accomodation, school fees and medical insurance as all these are quite expensive here.

Hi Sudarshan,

Good Evening.

Just read your post and wondering whether you have taken up the job?

I visited Nairobi for 3 months a year back on Business Visa.

I just fell in blind love with Nairobi and I am still frantically searching for job.

I am a B.Com MBA with 20 years Finance experience including 2 years Gulf experience.

Currently I am working as an Equity Strategist for a Bangalore based Equity Research company. Let me

know if you are interested in long term share market investment - I can help you get some deep

discount on products/services sold by my company.

Are there any Finance openings in your company in Nairobi, that's in case you've joined.

Guess people who help people go very far in life. And I am sure you will help me seek a good job

in Nairobi soon.

I guess you have been offered a very good salary - that's if you and your family stay healthy, sleep in a mosquito net and drink mineral water!

We can discuss a lot of things on phone, if you so wish.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Regards,

Kishor
Email: [email protected]

RSudarshan wrote:

I am an Indian with a family of 4, with my mom, wife and 6 year old son. I am considering job offer in Nairobi with
Salary in USD (Net savings after taxes) i.e. 3600 USD + Incentives + Family Status + Expat Benefits ( Return Tickets every 2 years  + 28 days leaves per year). Kindly suggest me is this good offer to relocate along with family.

Not if you want to live as an expert. Locals do live very well on this. Plus you have benefits. This is middle class income in nairobi.

Don't know if you have already moved, but they should add school fees to your allowances