How long do you stay in Honduras before returning to Canada or the USA

I was wondering do you go for a month or 6 months at a time?  Just curious how much time you spend each year in Honduras?

Spend 6 months first time this year maybe 1 weekk or two

We live year round. Go back to the states for a one month visit each year.

I have been here, in Honduras, since Aug 2002. As of now, I have never returned to the USA. But I am married to a Honduran, we have a 3 year old son, and we own our home.
Life is good.

I would like to ask this. Being from the U.S., suppose I've entered and then requested more time. How long would I likely have in Honduras?

Hey Nelson84, you have to leave the country every 3 months and have to be out of the country for at least 48 hours. Buuuuut, you can renew for another 3 months and extend it, if you go to an immigration office in any of the big cities. So that avoids the travel in and out of the country for you.

You should stay as much time as you feel you need to get a feel of it. I go down every couple of months for a week, but I can't stay out of work for so long, and New Orleans isn't as cold as Canada.

We are from Canada and we were here for 90 days then went to the immigration office and requested a 30 day extension (rule here is after 3 months you must leave for 72 hours or incur a roughly $160 per person penalty) then went to Grand Cayman a direct one hourish flight from La Ceiba and now the 90 day clock starts again. We are heading home at the end of May as our provincial health care will be void if we are not home ny then. Pretty simple getting the extension just make sure you go near the end of the day so the local line up for passports etc has dwindled to only a few people.

Hello,

I suggest that you talk with someone who has lived here in Honduras for a while. They should be able to clue you in on how to not leave the country every 90 days. As I've mentioned previously, I have been here for 12+ years (I'm an American). My life is good. I wish you well.

Adios