Fastest way to get a passport and citizenship

Hi,

I am thinking of moving to Bulgaria, I have an income of around 5k euro, so that should be enough to live freely to start.

I own a business in Holland so I have an income and I want to look for business opportunities. The main goal of this project will be to create jobs, more than making money. Break even is enough in the beginning. Its more important for me to get happy workers, in my experience this is a better strategy than pursuing fast profit.

But i want to gain a citizenship and a passport as fast as possible, mainly because I want Bulgaria to be my main home country and I want to feel it like that as soon as possible.

So what is the fastest way? I know there is a program for investors that can get you a passport in 5 years, but I was wondering if there are faster ways.

Marriage is the fastest way...

Hello mark32.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thanks

Karen :)

Hmm marriage goes a bit far for me.

so what is the second fastest way? haha

Oficially to become a Bulgarian cityzen request 3 steps:
- long term residence
- permanent residence
- apply for cityzenship
First 2 steps required 10 years + administrative procedure to receive bulgarian cityzenship...

around 2-3 divorces...

Hello my name is Jaimilee i am a Mauritian and now in The Netherlands. I want to have some more informations about moving to Bulgaria and all that. I am already married my husband is a Dutch. I want to know if we can move there. I am not a EU citizen! My husband want to the necessary for me to have the papers to stay in Europe. And i have heard that in Bulgaria it is easy to get the necessary papers. I want to know too if it is hard to find job there and appartement? Thank you very much.

how about marriaoge bulgarian girls with iranians?do you know anything?

As an Iranian, if you are a religious Muslim this is NOT the place for you. Pork is the staple diet and EVERYONE drinks. If you are NOT religious and can deposit 250.000 LV (£100.000) you will get citizenship without delay.

I am not religious and i dont care about that.but i cant deposite 100000 euro to get citizenship.i read about citizenship with marriage.can i come with marriage?

As you are NON EU, you will need a visa and proof you can suppoort yourself. Unlike the UK Bulgaria will not give you a free house and feed you.

if i can support myself until getting marriage could i get citizenship after 5 years?.i dont know how about jobs in bulgaria?i am software engineer and web developer.

I am also a web devloper, most of the software jobs are in Sofia. if you need help with moving, please visit my expatsite.

expatassistance co uk

how about wages and salary in sofia?i have 2 years experience in windows application c#.net vb.net sqlserver and 1 year experience about c#.net asp.net and jquery.i would like to know range of salary.

wages are very low here, best to come with money or be on a good pension. Or start your own company.

Please give me a numeric information.i know and remember in iran most of people have under 500 dollar salary.

Marriage is not actually a fast way to gain citizenship in Bulgaria... it is still five years of a short term permit (three if you have a child) followed by five years of a long term permit and then applying for citizenship.

If you are married to an EU citizen and not from the EU (as someone asked) then you can easily get a residence permit in Bulgaria by proving your marriage and supplying proof of your spouse's residency in Bulgaria.

the wages are the same here very low. 99% of my clients are in the UK, I live cheaply in bulgaria and have a UK salery. thats the only way to go for me

Yep salaries here are very low, even with your experience and degree you will still be making no more than $1000-$1500 and that is if you even find a job. There are ALOT of Bulgarians with the same qualifications. As far as getting married, there is someone for everyone, I don't know ur standards but as long as they are not too high and you have a steady job you will find a girl.

the girls her are stunning. But the wages are low.

What "pooh bear" stunning girls even for a bloke in a white jacket and bow tie?
Amazing

how about cost  of living?could you tell me how much does it cost?minimum,average and maximum for a single that live in a single room flat in center of sofia?

hesambase wrote:

how about cost  of living?could you tell me how much does it cost?minimum,average and maximum for a single that live in a single room flat in center of sofia?

For cost of living www.numbeo.com  I also suggest that to get information you please read through the many posts in the forum categories section on the right hand side of this page.
For accommodation look in the housing section of the forum which can be found in the green banner at the top of this page.

hesambase wrote:

There is a topic for cost of living on the forum

Which jobs  and activites are popular and have high income in bulgaria ?

First of all , you have to visit Bulgaria than to decide if you want ( or they want ) to marry you . you cannot chose a country to live i without visiting it many times , knowing the people , they way of life and if it really fits you .  it is a cheap place -still-  but things will change ; and you have to take in consideration the level of life you want , you can't be without money at your country and think here you'll be a prince . Good Luck ! it's a really nice place , but have to love it   to really enjoy

There are NO high paying jobs in Bulgaria, you are barking up the wrong tree. You will need to start you own business.

deposit 250.000 Lv and it will help