List of the paperwork that is needed?

Happy New Year.

Can you send me (us) a (short/long) list of the paperwork that is needed?  My wife and I are trying to put together everything we either hear about or think that is needed?  We have some information but not sure?  We will be in Ecuador starting February 22nd through March 5th (mostly in Cuenca).  Appreciate the help!

Dan & Annette Miller
[email protected]

dmiller727 wrote:

Can you send me (us) a (short/long) list of the paperwork that is needed?

"Needed" for what...

Are you talking about pensioner visas for permanent residency....

Ministry's website is cancilleria.gob.ec

cccmedia in Quito

Dear Dan & Annette,
Hi ! My name is Carl Miller and I live in Cuenca, Ecuador. I have been here 18 months and love every minute it.
First off, let me say that you can email the Ecuadorean Embassy in D.C. and they will send you a downloadable document with all the latest requirements. Second would be a follow up with a visit to the closest consulate for a certification of your income.
The requirements will depend upon your class of visa e.g. retirement, investment, professional, etc., etc.
I will send you under separate cover everything I can think of.
Sincerely,
Carl Miller

Carl,

Thank you for your reply.  Hopefully we can meet up when we get to Cuenca?  Thank you again for the information, I will email the embassy in D.C. for that list.

Dan & Annette Miller
[email protected]

HGQ2112 wrote:
netbean wrote:

Cuence is nice, many gringos, easy to live, can buy almost everything at fair price, as more open market, except the highland of 2500m not good to me, and bus/car pollution.

any place can easily mail package outside? Peru, Panama?

For an alternate perspective:

http://www.escapeartist.com/ecuador/unc … a-ecuador/

This domain has expired and therefore the link no longer provides any useful information.

dmiller727 wrote:

Happy New Year.

Can you send me (us) a (short/long) list of the paperwork that is needed?  My wife and I are trying to put together everything we either hear about or think that is needed?  We have some information but not sure?  We will be in Ecuador starting February 22nd through March 5th (mostly in Cuenca).  Appreciate the help!

Dan & Annette Miller
[email protected]

Rather than retype the details you can visit my website blog at http://mike-in-ecuador.blogspot.ca.

Hi Dan & Annette Miller,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Cuenca forum.

Hi how was your trip? I am planing to check out Ecuador  in 6 months spending 4 weeks to decide if I will relocate there. What can you tell me about the real quality of life
cost of living etc. Have been all over Central America, South America, Caribbean, Europe etc. Just need a place close to beach, fishing  place for boat able to ride motorcycle and local culture. May open some sort of shop or small store. I love Caribbean but cost too much to retire there.
Any help would be good.
Thanks
in Chicago

Shepellis wrote:

What can you tell me about the real quality of life
cost of living etc....Just need a place close to beach, fishing  place for boat able to ride motorcycle and local culture....I love Caribbean but cost too much to retire there.
Thanks in Chicago

COL and "real quality" of life tend to vary by your choice of lifestyle -- from a cheap rental-shack in a backwater fishing village to a high six-figures mansion on a cliff with panoramic vistas of the ocean and the coastline.

Many Expats live comfortably near the Pacific coast on $1,500, or 2K for a couple, plus their medical needs. 

You can get a lot more for your money than Stateside in terms of rents, groceries at the mercados and any services based on manual labor (house cleaning and handyman services, as examples).

Vehicle purchase, electronics and major appliances can be pricey.  Fuel is cheap, but will be rising due to gov. policies.

Check numbeo.com for updated COL numbers for your preferred city or town.

Specifically, what would you like to know about the paperwork, which is the original theme of this thread?

cccmedia in Quito