Any members living near Linz could let me know the best places tovisit

Hi there, I'm alex.
I am moving to austria in July and would love to make some friends whilst out there. I will be living in rohrbach outside of linz. if anyone is living near me and could let me know the best places to/visit that would be great!
Hope you are all well 😊

alexlogan wrote:

Hi there, I'm alex.
I am moving to austria in July and would love to make some friends whilst out there. I will be living in rohrbach outside of linz. if anyone is living near me and could let me know the best places to/visit that would be great!
Hope you are all well 😊

Hi Alex,

Good choice moving to Austria. is this for work or study? I am sorry thát I am not near Linz. I am near Vienna (2 hours drive) But if you need any tips on Vienna from a Brit perspective, feel free to get in touch, or if you come to Vienna, will be only happy to show you around.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I am coming over to work, it's only a job in a bar but I will have just finished my studies over in England so thought I would take a gap year. I will defiantly be coming over to Vienna a few times whilst I am out there so I will take you up on the offer. It is such a beautiful country, I can't wait to get there!

Alex

alexlogan wrote:

Hi Simon,

I am coming over to work, it's only a job in a bar but I will have just finished my studies over in England so thought I would take a gap year. I will defiantly be coming over to Vienna a few times whilst I am out there so I will take you up on the offer. It is such a beautiful country, I can't wait to get there!

Alex

.... taking a year out, you might find it longer and not want to move back lol. I've been here for over 6 years, made it my home now. (far better than the UK) After being here 6 months, I loved the place so much I sold my house back in the UK and bought a place here.

Hello alexlogan,

I would like to inform you that I have created a new discussion from your post on the Linz Forum for better visibility and interaction.

Regards,
Yuveshen

Hi Alex,
Good choice moving to Austria! How's your German?? ;)
My wife and i moved from NZ to Ebenau (just outside Salzburg) 2 years ago and are very happy here :)
If you ever feel like meeting some friendly kiwis in Salzburg let me know!
Regards,
Rob

Hi Rob,
My Germans not great but hopefully I will pick it up quickly! Yeah Il definitely be visiting salzberg at some point, would be good to meet up.
Cheers
Alex

Hi Alex,
Sounds good! Have fun with the move! :)
I didnt speak a word of German when i first arrived so im sure you will be fine :)
Regards,
Rob

Hi Alex,
I'm moving to Linz in August. I lived in Gmunden (South of Rohrbach) for 18 months, 2 years ago. Gmunden is amazing, and all the lakes in the Salzkammergut are worth a visit. Linz seems a nice city, though its quite industrial. I have no idea what I'm letting myself in for! I had a friend who worked in Rohrbach for 9 months, he said it has a few nice bars and restaurants. What will you be doing in Rohrbach?
Faye