Study Expences in Ukrainian universities

Hi everybody, I am looking for information about living and studying expenses in Ukrainian university. Please can anyone here estimate the total expenses per year  :gloria

Hello mangal2 and welcome on board

While waiting for members to revert back, I invite you to browse through threads in our section :Cost of living in Ukraine

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Mangal, here's a quote on tuition expenses in Ukraine from the website topuniversities.com:

"You should generally expect to pay around US$2,500-5,800 per year for a bachelor's degree, with preparatory courses being around US$1,800. International students entering a Ukrainian university for the first time will have to pay the full fees for their first academic year upfront, and then can pay per semester for following academic years. Your university may also charge a one-off registration fee on arrival (around US$10-30)."

I think you could find a room or share an apartment at a reasonable price (cheaper than London). Food prices are modest.

If you're headed over to Ukraine, check out the ad in Books in the classifieds of Expat.com (Ukraine). It's for a new English-Ukrainian phrasebook-dictionary (ebook). You definitely want to have a good grasp of the language, if you plan to be over there more than a week.

Good luck to you!
Bob Powers (USA, living in Macedonia with Ukr wife)

Heard Ukraine is unstable and not suitable for travelling since there is a war right now. Is it correct?

The situation in the east is tense, but just about everywhere else life goes on as usual. My Ukrainian wife is from Sumy, but she and I are presently living in Ohrid, Macedonia. She's in touch with her mom and her friends almost everyday on Skype and, altho prices have gone up (due to the grivnya weakening), nothing much else has changed. People are worried about what might happen, but I don't believe there's going to be any physical danger to the bigger part of Ukraine.

Hey, I spotted "Jeddah" by your post! There's a name I recognize! I worked at the Saudi Naval Base there for a year, 1985-86. (Geez, that was already 30 years ago! I'm getting older than I thought.)

Bob Powers

Thank you Ehtsham for your comment, I believe that Kiev  its safe

Moderated by Christine
Reason : please start your own topic with relevant info

rodnik4436 wrote:

The situation in the east is tense, but just about everywhere else life goes on as usual. My Ukrainian wife is from Sumy, but she and I are presently living in Ohrid, Macedonia. She's in touch with her mom and her friends almost everyday on Skype and, altho prices have gone up (due to the grivnya weakening), nothing much else has changed. People are worried about what might happen, but I don't believe there's going to be any physical danger to the bigger part of Ukraine.

Hey, I spotted "Jeddah" by your post! There's a name I recognize! I worked at the Saudi Naval Base there for a year, 1985-86. (Geez, that was already 30 years ago! I'm getting older than I thought.)

Bob Powers

Hi Bob,
thank you letting me know about situation there. Hope everyone stay fine and this conflict gets over peacefully.
Talking about Jeddah, I hope you remember good old days. take care.

Hi, Jay! That's not an easy question to answer, because it depends a lot on which city you live in and whether or not you'll be living alone or with someone else to share costs. And, of course, how good you are at economizing. Personally, I would feel uncomfortable with less than $1000 a month. Like, suppose you got your own little apartment for $300-$400 a month. Then you might need about $250-$300 a month for food. That leaves you with $300-$450 for clothes, transportation, entertainment, other bills. But, hey, maybe I'm setting the bar too high. My estimate might be too conservative. Maybe someone out there can give you a lower estimate. Anyway, good luck with it.

P.S. Catch my ad on the Ukrainian e-phrasebook in the Classifieds.