If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?

My perfect place is Ottawa. Is so beatiful so clean, so quite. The people is amaizing always have a smile for you.  And the city give you the chance to start your life there.
I just love Canada! ♡

I'd like to live in Spain, somewhere close to the ocean. But still I would love to travel.

I have stayed in Singapore all my life until 2 years ago I had the opportunity to stay in France.  I would say..I love the experience!  I would like to live there if there is another chance for me . I love the weather despite the language barrier but I would say the French I met were all polite and humble with smile!
Another place I would like to live is Thailand. .but the quiet Thailand like chiangmai. .not bangkok  that's gonna be a little stressed! Ha ha ha
Switzerland is another good place but I guess my husband will not be able to take the weather!

I wish to live in Croatia.

I love to live in Vietnam

I would choose South Korea! Haha. At least thats the choice for now. :)

zan01 wrote:

I would choose South Korea!

Zan is not being serious. :cool:

"On August 20th North Korea declared a 'quasi state of war' following the exchange of artillery shells across the misnamed Demilitarized Zone, once again raising the specter of conflict on the Korean Peninsula."

-- Eurasia Review

South Korean culture is very popular among Asian youngsters (K-Pop) and it's a beautifu, well-developed and democraticl country in which it is easy to forget about the constant threads from the stone-age communist dictatorship to the North.

beppi wrote:

South Korean culture is very popular among Asian youngsters (K-Pop).

Those K-pop videos are fun.  I saw a bunch of them at a Korean restaurant I kept visiting in Bangkok when I was there in 2013.  Usually adolescent boy groups or girl-groups in stylized clothing with upbeat music that leaves you in a positive mood.  Mr. Gangnam Style, too.

I think I'll stay here and watch Korean videos on YouTube if I get the urge. :D

cccmedia in Quito, Ecuador

For me it would be Japan. Not Tokyo or any other fast-paced big cities but somewhere in a smaller town in the prefectures. May be, Kyoto or Nara or somewhere in beautiful Fukushima or mountainous Gifu!
Far from the madding crowd, living a modest life in blissful isolation of a Zen world, in harmony with nature and her bounty of fresh greens, fruits, meat and fishes, enjoying those lovely garden-fresh Japanese dishes after a hard day's labour in the field, learning to live in appreciation of nature....
That's peace and paradise for me!

senwl wrote:

For me it would be Japan. Not Tokyo or any other fast-paced big cities but somewhere in a smaller town in the prefectures. May be, Kyoto or Nara or somewhere in beautiful Fukushima or mountainous Gifu!

Is Fukushima still habitable, senwi?

Gordon Barlow wrote:

Is Fukushima still habitable, senwi?

That will always be the biggest concern for years to come. :unsure
It's the largest prefecture in Japan and one of the most beautiful ones too.

I have a friend who is from Fukushima, from the city, some 80 km away from where the meltdown occurred. Apparently life is normal in her place and yes, tourists are returning there in ones and twos. That's what I know through our regular interactions for the past four and half years. That could well be a one-sided story though!

The designated high-risk radiation zone is some 40 sq Km around the Power Plant. In reality, you never know how far radiation has actually spread. Sensors monitoring ambient radiation levels are installed all over Fukushima, even in the mountains. It's a mammoth task for the Govt. to clean up the whole of the prefecture.

Years later, there are still conflicting reports on safety issues.
No one knows for sure…. but then, how safe are we in our own urban backyards, eating GM food grown with chemical pesticides and inhaling toxic exhaust from random motor vehicles on the street??

Well, this one's kind of hard.. I mean, how about the whole world, if you can!! Why limit yourself!  : )

I use Vietnam

I will prefer Vietnam

Canada

This question enables much. I've already lived in a few dozen countries so if I could, I'd live somewhere void of life's hardships: heaven, a simple parallel universe, the pub, or realistically, where people like the author of this question earn money for me in my company  ;)

Switzerland

New Zealand

Canada, Norway, Finland .

zakariov wrote:

Canada, Norway, Finland .

Why only cold countries?!?

because i live in most hotest place (Marrakesh, Morocco) xD .

good beach with warm water my dream

cold rainy weather with a look from the attic while the moon is rising in the sky is my dream. want to exchange places ? xD

decidious forest

Any specific place you thought of @expat classic

Germany, although as a retiree, I don't know if this is possible

For me it's past tense.
I went to Indonesia by accident and fell in love with the place.
Whilst there are many places I'd love to visit, China and Iran being top of the list, I wouldn't want to move away from this lovely country, its lovely people and terrific food.

Germany is possible if you have the income. They say it´s one of the easiest (requirements ) to retire too.

But if I have a chance, I would live
in Norway and take the risk!

robal

If Europe, then Prague.

Yes you are right...me too love Prague :)

Helsinki please! Quiet, public reansport is great too

I would live in Yahatahigashi Japan!Japan is my first love country even I am a Filipino:)Convinient place yet surrounded by nature..Take me back to Japan

I have been live in many countries, but I would never forget my stay in Domenica and Carbian island.  I love to go there again and again, beautiful beach and hilarious people, fresh air. For my vacation I always a choice to go Carabian island

yogyakarta, indonesia.
new zealand and alaska :D

Brugge, Belgium

The Netherlands

Tuscany, Italy

The islands of Fiji

Maui, Hawaii

You may visit Fiji but...living in Fidji is a different story )

Hong Kong, where I have lived most of my life :)

Copenhagen, Denmark :) I'm in love with the country!

expatolife wrote:

Copenhagen, Denmark :) I'm in love with the country!

Copenhagen, absolutely! No doubt about it. Actually, It was even a far more charming, and dynamic (pre-Eurozone) city, 50 years ago. I was there, at that time, in Danish history, yes! :cool:

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR