Can anybody just tell me that what will be our apprx. monthly expendit

hello...........

Myself Mrs.Rucha..........In few months I am going to shift in Brussels with my husbond & my child.....

Can anybody just tell me that what will be our apprx. monthly expenditure?
An accomodation will be provided by company itself....

Welcome on Expat.com rucha ;)

I guess your expenditure will surely depend on the level of lifestyle! However, I will suggest you to view this website to get an overview of the approximate cost of living in Brussels. It listed the price of the basic "items/services" that am sure will be helpful to you to calculate your monthly/weekly expenses.

Hope this helps a little bit meanwhile.

Sadly cant help with the expenditure however hi and were are u moving from

hi,

Thanks for reply...

I have one more querry that is it preferable for me n my family to come at belgium in December or January?.......Because I heard that in these months there is too cold in Belgium.

Well most of Europe has very cold winters and past couple of years theres been a lot more snow than usual at that time of year

rucha wrote:

I have one more querry that is it preferable for me n my family to come at belgium in December or January?.......Because I heard that in these months there is too cold in Belgium.

It depends on what you mean "too cold." Personally I find the winters here incredibly mild, compared to what I left behind. If you have never lived in a place that had real winter, I suppose you might find it "too cold," but that is a completely personal subjective view. For hard facts - there is very little snow and what does fall doesn't stay more than a couple days, the temp doesn't often go below -5°C and is more often hovering 0°C and up to around +5°C. By March the tables are set back up outside the cafes and restaurants, full of people sitting outdoors.

Hello Rucha,

Just for the fun of it, and to try to be helpful, here is my guess at a basic expenditure per Month:

Rent (typical minimum):
I understand your company will cover this, but..
700 euros (small 2 bedroom house near enough to brussels to easy get to by public transport, or the same minimum for a small apartment - 70 meters squared - in brussels itself).
Food shopping (typical miniumum for two adults and one baby):
600 euros (150 per week including things like baby nappies/diapers/formulas or foods, but not many 'luxury' foods for parents! In reality probably closer to 800.)
Transport (public):
30-55 euros per person (within brussels, either using a railcard or a mobib card to use the bus (TEC), the metro, and the rail (SNCB/NMBS) unlimited)
Transport (car):
1.20 euros per litre diesel (typically 6 litres per 100km out of town, 12 litres per 100km in town. Maybe 70 euros for a full tank.)
6.4-164 euros road tax (circulation tax) per month from smallest engine size to largest.
70 euros per fully covered person per month (typical minimum) for car insurance (probably closer to 166 for a family car depending on level of risk of insuring the person).
Electricity, plus Gas or Oil, plus water (typical minimum):
40 euros, plus 40 euros per month, 35 euros (90 cubic meters of water per year)
Zebra:
145.62 euros. (The cost of keeping your zebra is expensive in Belgium. There is additional taxes depending on how many stripes it has, and there are penalty fees if your zebra is caught breaking the speed limit, or chasing small children or grannies for example).
Internet, phone and tv
75 euros
Mobile phone:
25-500+ for actual phone (I know you can get a perfectly good phone for 25 euros because I own one)
30 euros ish for monthly contract minimum
Example entertainment:
cinema: 8 euros per person
restaurant: 30 euros per person
one belgian beer: 4 euros
Gym membership
16 euros per month

Hope that gives you a rough idea.
Drew