Is it true that it is easy to settle in Portugal only with visit visa?

Hi, this is yog from KTM Nepal. I want to go abroad special in Portugal for work and live. some people suggested me that once we entered in Portugal by visit visa, can be settle there easily. can existence my stay longer and apply for legal way. is this true???  could you suggest me that it is true or not.
I will be highly appreciated with you.

Hello yoog,

I have moved your post in the Portugal forum, where you will have more interactions from members who are already there.

Also, while awaiting for them to join, I suggest you have a look at the Living in Portugal guide, which contains article on steps to be take in order to relocate in that country.

Thank you and good luck!
Marjorie :)

Hi,my name is Jon from USA, I want to move to Portugal too, but very uncertain good luck I think you have to visit p first see and talk then decide, internet very limited

Hello all

@ Yoog : Portugal is in Europe, it is easy for europeans to settle there. Being from Nepal it would be nearly impossible for you to have the same privilege as Europens.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

I believe anyone outside of Portugal can enter the country using the 'Golden Visa' residency by investment option where yo pay either 350,000€ when investing in property that needs reform or new property which costs 500,000€ if you have that sort of money.