Reputable lawyer for Philippine Family Law

I know I am reading a bit old post, but would appreciate guys if you can pm me a reputable lawyer for Philippine Family Law - budget is quite tight, so your 1st hand experience with a reputable lawyer who handle your case will be my thing.I am very cautious in terms of trusting individuals. My background is 2 parties are both Filipino but married overseas in 2007.I personally fil my marriage to be registered in php so im pretty sure the NSO record, will show im maried.One year after our marriage i discovered him leaving with someone else while i am working abroad and sending him a monthly support for almost 3 yrs (2 yrs were before the marriage, bf/gf). I filed a divorce in the country where i get married and it was approved last year.When I went to Phil Embassy and required on how should I change back to my maiden name, the consular officer there advise me to have the Divorce Judgment be recognized in the Phils.Since I am overseas I contacted my ex-husband to file he petition of recognition of divorce decree.However after few communications that he is having some issue on filing it, he is now ignoring my sms/calls. So i verified in the RTC to where he is supposed to file the petition and found out that it was not filed at all. Then i am now starting to read on how can i do it myself,  so seeking help to get legal assistance.

Looking forward for your replies guys.

Hello Anonymous123888.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

For more visibility, a new thread has been created from your message on the Manila forum.

Hope you'll get some useful informations soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

--im 17 years old when i got marry my parents falsified birth certificate they change my age into 19 y.o so that i will be legitimate to get marry,the question is what surname will im going to use for my id's of passport and visa and all requirements need in order for me to get out of the country and the embassy wouldn't denied my visa?am i going to use my single surname or my married surname?
help me please im badly needed and advice right now...
--my father also signed on the consent...
is my CENOMAR status married or still single if my marriage is null/void?....i am now 21 years old.
--and another prob is my ex husband filed an annulment last few months ago january 2013 ..would it affect to my visa processing?im planning to go out of the country i dont want to risk money for this problems..help me pls..
HOPING TO HEAR SOLUTIONS FROM YOU SOON>>THANKS AND GODBLESSED US ALL.

hi. am nigerian dating an american who lives in the philippine we plan to get married here before i can visit, so please i want to know wat documents will be required to apply for a visa.

pls respond.
tanx a heap

Hello Anonymous,

allow me to share my thoughts. if you were still a Filipino when you both married and when  you secured your divorce, that divorce decree will not be recognized here in the Philippines. You and your husband remain married to each other.

The reason is the laws of the Philippines followed you even if you left the country and married elsewhere. And since both of your are Filipinos when you married each other and when you secured the divorce decree, the laws of the Philippines on marriage applies. What is important only is that your marriage overseas was validly solemnized according to the laws of the country to be valid here in the philippines.

The implication therefore is this: you cannot have the divorce decree recognized here but you have to file an annulment. A recognition of a divorce decree only applies if an alien spouse (not a Filipino citizen) secures a divorce with his Filipino spouse. To protect the Filipino spouse who remains married to his/her alien spouse who has secured a divorce, the PH court will recognize the divorce decree here in order to allow the PH spouse to remarry or be free from her or his marriage.

Hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

Carlo

Hello Sheilac,

may I share my thoughts. Your passport is a very important public document. when you apply for it, you will have to use a valid and truthful birth certificate.

Did you use the same birth certificate that you used for your marriage? If you did, then for all intents and purposes, you are legally married to your husband.

Only when you can show a birth certificate that indicates your true birth date can you validly claim that your marriage is void. For now, it is. and you have to use your marital surname.

If you can show that you did not have the capacity to marry at that time, then you will have to file a petition for nullification of your marriage. after you get the decision, you can have your passport changed.

Hope you find this helpful.

regards,

Carlo

Moderated by : Priscilla
Reason : No free advertising here please + register in the business directory