Cost of living in Iran – 2015

Hi all,

We invite you to talk about the cost of living in Iran in 2015, with an updated price listing.

Don't forget to mention in which city of Iran you are living in.

How much does it cost to live in Iran?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc.)

> food prices (your monthly budget)

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> education prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> price for a good menu in a traditional restaurant

> price for a coffee or a drink

> price for cinema tickets

Do not hesitate to add items to this list! ;)

Thank you in advance for your participation.

How much does it cost to live in Iran?

> accommodation prices

> public transportation fares (tube, bus etc.)? bus( v.i.p) for 700 kilometer = 10 dollar

> food prices (your monthly budget) ? general for lunch for good food= 9 dollar

> health prices (for those who need medical insurance)

> education prices (if you need to pay)

> energy prices (oil, electricity)?  per liter petrol =0.35dollar

> common bills (Internet, television, telephone, mobile phone)

> price for a good menu in a traditional restaurant ? about 12 dollar

> price for a coffee or a drink ? iranian lile to drink tea . kettle of tea = 2 dollar

> price for cinema tickets ? 1 dollar

I'm living in Iran (now partli in Turkey). Accommodation here is almost non-affordable because of huge deposit you need to pay before getting the house.

Thank you both for your participation :top:

@ Alisa Bochkareva > Can you give us an estimate at the general amount one has to give as deposit to rent a place?

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

hi
i dont know actually what do you need?
im living in yazd. if you come here the mount of rent is free. you can come to my guesthouse.
the price in yazd n not expensive for 1 night in traditional hotel per person is 25 dollar per 2 person is 35 dollar. and you can go to dormitory . price of dormitory is about 8 dollar with breakfast and wifi.
plz tell me what do you meen actually?

Well, for the OK house in OK area (Tehran is very changeable by the areas, good ones are located in North of the city, and West and party in East, and the worst ones in South and city center). To get a good non-furnished house, because there is no furnished houses for rent in Tehran, you should pay as a deposit at least 20-25 mil. toman which is now about 5-7 K USD. And monthly from 1 to 1.5 mil toman (400-500 USD). Plus you should furnish the house and put the white goods, which is also costs. And I'm talking about very normal house, not luxury one, but in OK (also not luxury area).
In compare, I'm renting now a house in Antalya, Turkey, fully furnished + full set of white goods, 140 sq. meters (3+1) in good Lara area. It costs for me 1000 liras, which is 415 USD now. And deposit was also 1000 liras.

I mean if you have a chance not to live in Tehran, better do not come here. Live in Iran is very complicated, especially if you do not have a rich father who will cover your bills.

can anyone have information about cost of food in Tehran.. How much does it cost to eat at local cheap restaurants

About 20 K toman max. per person, including kebab or khoresht with rice, salad and soft drink or dough. 20 toman now is about 5.8 USD. It's city centre, place next to medun-e 7 Tir. Also might be cheaper or expensive, or you may deduct salad and buy juice in the neighbour shop for 1K toman. Like this.

if you pay about 7 dollar you can can eat good foods.

safiullah123 wrote:

can anyone have information about cost of food in Tehran.. How much does it cost to eat at local cheap restaurants

for Local restaurants you need to pay for around $5-6 .

Info in this below link is almost true: numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Iran&city=Tehran

Hi,

I have been offered by my employer to move to Tehran for the next 3 years. I have mixed reviews and details of cost of living in Tehran. On some forums it has been ranked as the 5th most cheapest city to live in the world, however the cost of renting an apartment  based on the few property websites and feedback seems to be quite high.

Can some one help me with the following:

1) Cost of rent for a  3 bedroom apartment, new building, furnished with swimming pool, gym and a kids play area or garden in an upscale or expat dominated area. ( Deposit + Rent)
2) Quality of education/ schooling in an English Curricula School.
3) Income tax rate for expatriates ?

Thanks.

flyintokenya wrote:

Hi,

I have been offered by my employer to move to Tehran for the next 3 years. I have mixed reviews and details of cost of living in Tehran. On some forums it has been ranked as the 5th most cheapest city to live in the world, however the cost of renting an apartment  based on the few property websites and feedback seems to be quite high.

Can some one help me with the following:

1) Cost of rent for a  3 bedroom apartment, new building, furnished with swimming pool, gym and a kids play area or garden in an upscale or expat dominated area. ( Deposit + Rent)
2) Quality of education/ schooling in an English Curricula School.
3) Income tax rate for expatriates ?

Thanks.

1- well Its depend for the area. you can get that house with 70k dollars for deposit and 1k  dollar for rent per month in center of Tehran city. or you can get that with 200k dollars for Deposit and 20k for rent per month in north of Iran.

for example you can buy an apartment in south of Tehran with 90k dollars and in north of Tehran with 50.000.000 dollar !!!!!!!!!!