30 day visa

Hi Everyone,

I plan on visiting Belize for 30 (ish) days and then carrying onto other destinations.  But I won't have proof of departure because I plan on taking a bus or catching a ride out of the country.

Do I really need to show proof that I have proof of departure (flight itinerary) when I land.  I am spending three months traveling through Belize, Honduras and Costa Rica looking for where I want to move in 2016.

Thanks for the info…

Darlene

We just came through MX customs. At the airport they wil ask. MX customs will ask crossing into Belize. Belize border guards will also ask.  We had no luggage inspections. Mx will also charge an exit fee of $30 US. If you travel through MX get paseo exchange first.

Hello and so glad to see you venturing out.. I lived myself in a tent for close to 12 years.. but we are looking into relocating in Belize possibly.  I would love to stay in touch and hear about your adventures along your way.  Safe travels ~~~ Peace

it has only been a week, and we love Belize! jungle is great .

Where are you staying? We head to Belize in July....checking out the north and west areas of the country for relocation :)

We are moving to Belize in May - we will purchase refundable departure tickets and then just cancel them after we arrive for a refund.  Not an ideal scenario, but we know others who have gone this route successfully.

You will be asked about your departure, so you have to have some way of communicating successfully that you are indeed planning to leave.  Once you have convinced them then you can change your plans, with a visa renewal.

We live here in Belize and so our tickets are round-trip, returning to Belize. It has not been an issue. Usually they will ask where you are staying and for how long. If you do plan on being here more than 30 days, you MUST check in at an immigration office to extend your visa. The cost is $50 BZE and government agencies are among  the few places that do not accept US currency.

I believe they will stamp your passport for 30 days when entering the country upon request. Pay attention to the expiration date and do not be late. They get very upset, even if only by a day.

we drove down from Canada in Jan/Feb. of 2014. when they asked us at immigration (when we went to extend our passport) what date our ticket was for......I asked him what ticket and he replied "your plane ticket" - told him we drove down and there has not been any questions since. they asked us once to prove income an we simply went into the atm (you cannot have an actual bank acct. here until you are a resident - and that takes like ForEVER!!!!) , so our bank in canada is scotia and they have one here, no problem using the atm.Anyway, we withdrew some money that day and  just took in our atm receipt. no problem.
so I guess the bottom line is, simply tell the truth, you drove down, want to look around here for about three months and then go to different countries.

Are you sure you were legal? I haven't heard of anything that says you can drive around for 90 days? Who ever told you it was okay at immigration  I think I would have got their name and phone number tattoo on my wrist. You don't tug on Supermans cape, or want to see the inside of Hattieville.

We are in Belize six months. On immigration we want from us just where we live and proof from ATMs that have money. We are looking for someone who will tell us the way forward if we want to stay in Belize remain. it is best to have your business. It is difficult for us to settle. Thank you for any information. ..