Moving with Kids who dont speak english to Bahrain

Hello everyone... This is my first time ever doing anything like this so here goes....

My husband has recently been offered a very good job for a period of two years im Bahrain. This is a great oppertunity for him. We have been offered the chance to move with him ( myself and our two children aged 6 & 5). I would definatley like to give it a go but am concerned about school...

We live in austria and this is a german speaking country.
My son is in the first year juniors at the Moment but doesnt speak english. Ive found no german school on the internet and was hoping someone in a similar Situation could help. I know there are international schools but where do the kids who dont speak english go?? I speak fluent english as i was born and raised there but then moved to austria. My kiddies unfortunatly only know very little. How much of a problem will this be???

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas or can help.

Hello Kbayrak,

We had a same issue when moving to Bahrain, children did not speak a word of English. We put them into Multinational School which has English as an Additional Languege (EAL) classes, and it didn't took them too long to learn the language and to adapt.Their original EAL teacher has now moved to British School, so I can say they also have no excellent EAL program :-) Now our other child moved to British School while other wanted to stay on Multinational. I can recommend both schools.

Don't worry, your kids will do just fine!

well, my kids are on the processing into the British school. the school do test for kids for admission. you should contact the school early so need to organise the test. but because your kids hardly speak English I am not sure the kids can pass the test. contact several schools for any other options. sorry not much help.

Hi... Thanks for the reply... Was just wondering how old your kids where when they moved? Also how long roughly did it take for them to learn english?
Thanks

the school have a test regardless the kids from English base country or not. my kids are 9 and 6 and they were born in New Zealand so English is not a matter for them. we applied for the British school and the school is processing the application now. the test is a part of processing. my kids will be moving end of June.

because my kids are still in New Zealand the school organised the test in New Zealand. I gave the contact details of current school in New Zealand so that the test will be organised between two schools.

my advice for you is to contact the school as early as possible. they will let you know how you can go through the process. it will take time so prepare early.

cheers.