New Resort in Tela?

Hey guys, so I fell upon a new resort development ad in facebook that is going to be in Tela. It seems promising but wanted to find out more about it. anyone else seen it? any info on it?

I'm living in Tela... haven't heard a thing. Are you hearing Induras? It opened over a year ago

I think its starting soon, not yet in construction. I saw ads on facebook and looked up thei webpage. Yeah, I saw indura. It pretty nice and luxurious. I'd love to buy there but I think its over my price range. Hoping this other resort is a closer to my price range :)

Hey TravelerBrian, I went down to the new project in Tela a week ago, I had previously bought a house in La Ceiba. I fell in love with the place, and it took me just an hour to get to from the Airport in San Pedro. Their villas are pretty nice and at a low price compared to Indura, I could buy a set of 6 villas at Punta Izopo compared to 1 at Indura. Their website is www.PuntaIzopoResort.com

You should go take a look Sherride, they are just 5 or 10 minutes away from the downtown.

Ok I've seen those ads too didn't know it was a resort. I'm a teacher down here the last two years. Certainly out of my price range... but Tela needs more expats

Here we go again, 'pave paradise put up a parking lot' more gringo development to ruin the ambiance of Tela. We don't need any more stinkin' developments. Go somewhere else and exploit! We need to maintain the cheap ambiance of Tela with drunks laying around the town in the morning. A few rich people want to spoil it for the rest of us.... Can't we have at least one third world nation that is unspoiled?

I don't know man, think it might do some good for Tela instead of spoiling it for everyone. Certainly jobs for people I hope. It probably will provide income to Tela making it better little by little with more tourism.

The few jobs this development will produce will be minimum wage subservient positions. Although some will say this is better than nothing, the trade-off will be even more development and a slow rise in real estate prices thus making Tela less affordable for Hondurans to live or even visit the area. There are few places left in the Caribbean that have a true 'pirates ambiance' like Tela. Let's keep it an edgy place for the adventurous, not for a group of rich folks who could care less about the locals. When more money moves in so does more crime and extortion, let's keep that in San Pedro please. Tela is the way Hondurans like it or they would have changed it themselves. If you want to improve Tela, volunteer (or just do it) to help pickup litter from the beaches,

HonduranDean, hey man, I'm no rich guy moving into Tela at all... I sense a lot of prejudice on your side, and my point of view on the matter is that this actually makes it cheap enough for Hondurans to buy by what the prices they have, unlike other developments in the area.

I wanna be surrounded by expats and locals as well, when I went down to see the place I took the tour with 3 other couples, all locals. Seems like the one who can't afford it is you HonduranDean, not the rest of the locals.

TravelerBrian, let me know when you're headed down to see the place, I'll put you in contact with the sales rep that helped me out, and we can meet up in tela.

Sorry to disagree but tela is the way it is because of politics.  Many  telanos want change.  Even if only some temporary jobs happen it will help the non existant job market here. Just my opinion

Let me know when y'all come to Tela. .. love to say hi

Great Sherride! Thanks for the invite! Will most definitely let you know when I head down, I love Tela and Honduras itself.

You need to give change a chance HonduranDean, not all change is bad. And yeah, I feel alot of prejudice from your part. Had any bad experiences or are you just assuming? Thanks RichardNola! I'll be sure to contact you whenever I go over there, it would be a great help if a sale rep would help me out with all that kinks and details.

Will hit you up Sherride! Maybe you can show us the town and all the cool places Tela has!

Hey guys! Just wanted to keep you posted! The resort is already underway and my villa should be sprouting soon! They just sent me a couple pictures.

https://us10.admin.mailchimp.com/templa … 104a5_us10http://www.puntaizoporesort.com/

I'll let you know when you can come visit!

Bienvenido! Let me know when you're here!

Build it up make it all touristy, that drives the crime out of the area, criminals hate a large population of Canadians and americans, probably because we don't put up with thieves We bring money yes but we also bring security guards and we clean up the area and make it a place to be.  Tela will be like Disneyworld when we are done setting up, fancy bars and restaurant. waterparks, carnivals.  It will be awesome.  Make it safe and we will flood the area.

Hello everyone !   I am extremely interested in finding out more about this place.  I've been considering moving to that area for a couple of years and didn't like how far La Ceiba was from the San Pedro Sula airport.  Plus I really like the community of Tela.  I looked at the website and it's quite affordable too.   I will check back on this thread often for updates. If anyone knows or has contact info on the developers, post it on here.       Pete.

Hello.
La Ceiba has its own intl. airport, Goloson.
Saludos

sherride wrote:

Bienvenido! Let me know when you're here!

Watch yourself travelerbrian and richardnola sound like a couple of stallions. 

So where is he place to be in Honduras right now?
Tela?
Trujillo?
La ceiba?

Hello Jorge ,  I am well aware of Goloson , but you cannot fly to the states from there. I have to fly to San Pedro Sula , sit around for three hours and the fly to the states.  If I'm going to do that , I might as well drive straight to San Pedro and save 75 dollars and 4 hours of my time