Dual Citizenship for Sri Lankan expats in Australia

Hi All,

Recently the Sri Lankan government resumed (on March, 2015) the granting of dual citizenship to Sri Lankan expats.

immigration.gov.lk/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=299&Itemid=59&lang=en

This thread aims to capture each applicants experience in obtaining dual citizenship. As of now, the expected time for this process is unclear, hopefully through your submissions we can get a rough idea.

My journey:

1) Application submitted to the Consulate General of Sri Lanka in Melbourne – 02/04/2015
2) Received confirmation of receipt of my application, by mail, from the Melbourne Consulate – 10/04/2015
3) Awaiting further response...

Hi bow8888,

Welcome to Expat.com! ;)

Thank you for this sharing.

I moved it on the Australia forum

Special interview with Controller General of Immigration and Emigration - Sri Lanka, Mr. M. N. Ranasinghe regarding the new Sri Lankan dual citizenship procedure. 31/03/2015

sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/sinhalese/en/content/how-apply-dual-citizenship-sri-lanka

Apparently 2 months max waiting time, will give an update, if this is true.

I applied in April 2015

Received a call from Melbourne saying that there is a new circular regarding all foreign documents & they need to be authenticated by DFAT.

Done that & posted pending docs  6/7/15

waiting to hear from Melbourne

Hi. Anyone heard anything from the Consulate after submitting the application and documents? I applied and submitted all documentation to the Consulate in Melbourne in August 2015 but have heard nothing since then.

I"m still Waiting from my previous post.

My Docs are in Sri Lanka for processing