Living costs

Hi all I'm looking at visiting CM later this year towards the end of October, I was wondering how much general day to day living costs are, I'll be wanting to go see a lot and probably a bit of drinking and I'll also be staying in a hotel, what sort of budget am I looking at for a month?

luke1984 wrote:

Hi all I'm looking at visiting CM later this year towards the end of October, I was wondering how much general day to day living costs are, I'll be wanting to go see a lot and probably a bit of drinking and I'll also be staying in a hotel, what sort of budget am I looking at for a month?

An expat can not give you an accurate answer as you will live like a tourist, anyway

Count around 700-1000 THB for eating if you go to tourist area restaurant with alcohol, breakfast in hotel, and others fast food, and ice cream...( food in market can be as low as 30 THB but small portion, you can save a lot in food market or street food

If you book a driver and minibus can cost you 1800-2000 THB a day plus petrol to add
Hotel check on internet depend on where you want to stay may count 1500 THB per night can be more like can be less for guest house or bed and breakfast

If you are going bar, girls, massage, can easily another 1000 THB per night ( massage 200/300 THB, drinks count 100/120 each, Tips, etc...

Activity cost will vary, hotel will propose you or in the touristic road there will be man shops, again as a tourist you will pay price high unless a thai negotiate for you..just check the price in internet on sightseeing website for chiang mai to get an idea for our budget, but better not to book online, do it when you will be here

After if you plan to rent car or motorbike you will have to add more

All are just idea for you to start building your budget, but you need to know your activity day by day, which hotel you will stay ( taxi airport hotel can be included or excluded in the price like breakfast )

How long is a piece of string?

Exclude accommodation & tourist excursions - B200/day max.

Drinking & supplementary services - B1k?

Accommodation - B500-B10000/day?