My Egyptian husband and I want to apply for a spouse visa...Help!

Me and my husband got married in Cairo last November.
We are fed up of living apart and would like to live together in the UK.
I know you have to earn at least £18,600 or there about, and I do, although it is not obvious from my pay slips. I am on a basic salary and then get enhancements for weekends etc. I do however have a P60 that reflects this.
Also I have no savings. Any spare money that could be saved goes on flights, phone bills and everything else I need when I am over there visiting him, accommodation etc. My bank statements don't look so healthy either. Will this go against me?
We also won't have access to the Internet whilst there so is there any way of completing a hard copy application as it looks like it is all done online now.
Any help and advice would be hugely appreciated

kpmg, as salamo alakum

A lot has been said on this issue in the recent weeks and months, I suggest you go through some of the contents to have an idea.

The good news is that you do qualify for the main requirement ie minimum salary of Pound 18600 pa, in order to simplify the issue , I suggest you hire the services of a 'family immigration lawyer' for whom this is a routine matter. You will find loads of them in 'asian' cities ( eg Birmingham, Leeds, Bradford).

Meanwhile I suggest you take a step backwards, while your lawyer is processing your case in the UK, you two may consider taking up employment in a gulf country in a career suitable to both of you.  :)

Hi,

You're an English Christian, planning to marry an Arab Egyptian Muslim...

I'm a Muslim, and from an Arab background myself. One thing I must tell you is, are you 100% sure about what you're doing? Considering MANY Egyptian men marry foreigners for the sole intention of obtaining a visa to that country (i.e they are a fraud). And then later on, divorce (when they received their indefinite leave to remain/citizenship), and go back and marry a Muslim Arab woman. Go on the Egypt forum and you will see threads about this problem!

Here are just 2 of many:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=368169https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=381601

Hello Friends,

I agree what Zayn is saying. This is a fact which I believe is rather unfortunate  ( being muslim , christian or an Arab has nothing to do with it)

The majority of British women are simple, innocent and take men at their face value, hence they are susceptible to fraud of the kind Zayn has mentioned.

This gives us more of a reason that the couple must spend some time outside the UK to ensure the financial and compatibility issues are straightened out. Remember, in the Eastern/Arab/Muslim society, it is the husband's responsibility to ensure the livelihood of the family. :top:

Indeed.

Also one must realize, that the marriage route is the ONLY way for them out of Egypt, and to settle & work legally in a foreign country, hence why many seek foreign partners (of any age, any faith, any background.. ANYTHING!). As it's nearly impossible for someone to receive a work permit unless they have something special (highly skilled/experienced in a sector short in demand for such professionals). So by using the marriage route, they are able to get in, work, which otherwise they wouldn't of been able to! That's why the marriage route is a popular scam. It's simply because people want to work in countries such as the UK/USA etc, but are unable to since they do not meet the work permit requirements, and as such, turn to "marriage" as a solution to this problem, the problem of not being able to work abroad legally. Once they've obtained indefinite leave to remain/citizenship, they have achieved their goal, and no longer need the person (that they have exploited), hence why such marriages have a high failure rate. They then usually marry someone from the same background.

Ok, I understand that people have there own opinions and views but these opinions and views are not helping me on the original topic.

Zayn wrote:

The original topic is a spouse visa, which is exactly what we are talking about. Giving you frank advice is the best help you can get before you make a disastrous mistake.

I agree with you but it is her responsibility.
She read your comment and she can do with it what ever she want.
But you have also to admit that there are many marriages who worked out very fine and they live happily ever after (well not always but I assume you know what I mean  :D )

Primadonna wrote:
Zayn wrote:

The original topic is a spouse visa, which is exactly what we are talking about. Giving you frank advice is the best help you can get before you make a disastrous mistake.

I agree with you but it is her responsibility.
She read your comment and she can do with it what ever she want.
But you have also to admit that there are many marriages who worked out very fine and they live happily ever after (well not always but I assume you know what I mean  :D )

The fact that she won't have internet access when she is with him in Egypt, does give you an idea about the relationship. I don't know him, but it certainly looks like she will be the provider...which is what often happens. Hence why it normally leads to not only emotional ruin, but also financial ruin, as the sponsor ends up using a large part of their savings supporting the foreigner, as well as supporting the foreigners family abroad whenever they need money!

Zayn,

I think we have said enough on warning her and let us be honest, 80 % of the cases are genuine, and I am sure kpmd was not born yesterday and she can take care of her long term interests.

I have seen both extremes in the " mixed marriages", many work extremely well, many have problems, in Yorkshire their kids are called ' Half Casts' , in the EU they may have acceptability problem, also  discrimination which exists in most parts of the world .

Let us come back to the main subject if we can be of some help to this lady, we have impressed her enough with our intellect and wisdom. :dumbom:

Hi everyone,

Some posts have been removed from this topic.

We can now concentrate on the initial subject.

Thank you,
Christine

I wonder if you a property in the UK. If you do this would, I believe, have solved the problem

Contact an immigration lawyer they will give the best advice. I hope it all works out for you.

The requirement for having an income of £18600 has been removed now you have to show you have enough.money to support him while he is here until he can find work. Keep all copies of tickets, telephone/text messages and hotel bills so you can prove you visit him in Cairo. If you need any more help I will be.glad to help you. My husband is here with me in the UK so we have been through the whole process.  You could use internet cafes in Cairo to submit the application. Best of luck with everything. Please let me know if you need help.

Why do you assume her husband is bad just because there is no Internet access???? I get so fed up with all the negativity towards Egyptian men. I have been married to my Egyptian husband for 7 years and in the beginning yes I helped him financially but since he came to the uk, 1 year after we married, he got a job and he has been the provider ...even though I also work.  Any money which has been sent back to his mother.comes from his wages not mine and I could not wish.for a better, more caring husband. So, please, do not tar all Egyptian men with the same brush.

hi my husband was also Egyptian and we wed in 2006 when Home Office controlled all . now Border Agency . after 2 refusals on the grounds HE still lived with his Siblings(family) and had no job to come to here in the  UK and then the appeal 'LOST' and no record of it (what a surprise!)

BUT .. 2010 the 2 year settlement was introduced and via the Alexandria Agency office,and local Internet cafes for the application (about a £1 an hour then;-10 Egypt) he got an interveiw the day before i came home .

2 weeks later he got a letter giving him 4 weeks to prove his conscription was truely done .and when he'd done that was finally allowed in for 2 years to find a job but not allowed to claim rent help or jobseekers , we have no idea how others are getting away with it ..
In 2012 he went for citizenship  after gaining the English understanding Certificate and last year applied and got a British passport . now will be at college this month .

I'm told by him that new applicants doing this way have to get their certificate of  English understanding at Egypt 1st .

I also was ready for them with the asked for 6 months wages and my proof of housing (rent or mortage Agreement ,,loads of poor quality but cheap photo copies of all this and our marriage & birth certificates .from Egypt copyshops.

I actually took a year of my wage slips luckily as hubby was told he hadn't enough though 6 months was all stated on application site in the UK. and was therefore able to slap the rest on the table . 'is enough now?'

I'd have loved to see the interviewers face but the wives don't get to be present at these things

Well if that hasn't scarred the hell out of you . I hope it's been of some help and you can go about getting  started

wishing you the Best of Luck .Linda

I am an Arab Muslim married with an English Christian for 7years we have 2 sons and we still living together ,so I don't understand when you saying ,I have see a lot of English Christian WOmens mariend to an English christian man and there married go down the hill this lady seeks advice how to live with the man she love let just focucs on the topic!!

Well said Lemage!

Why do some people assume western women have no sense and cannot make a decision?. All the negativity does not help and making assumptions that ALL EGYPTIAN men are to be avoided is so very wrong.

That's your point of view witch is subjective =limitatif+selectif+restrectif

Sorry I have to agree with yr comment, I married a egyptian man here in the uk,who had lost his visa in 2009,I knew this when I married him, but because I loved him I married him both islamically and british way, I surported him loved him cared for him and had a immigration solictor friend take our case, the home office turned him down ..thank god....I found out he had lied from day one and ws engaged to a algerian girl here and she knew everything , how lucky I was to find out dosent help the hurt he's caused but it could have been worse I'll never trust a egyptian man again so please be aware they lie

Oh please not all if Egyptian men lie my husband is a  wonderful.man and I am so happy with him. We have been married 7 years now.

Hello Everyone
Dear Lady who is wishing to go to the UK with her husband
Greeting
First of all, I wish you all the best in your life and your husband. secondly, I can't talk about any legal matters here because I'm not eligible for that. Thirdly, I'd like to replay on that's Indian and Pakistani background who keep warning you. I'd love to say: is that your business ?! And How you came to the UK? I think by same ! why you keep spilling her from her husband? it just because you are jealous and envy. How hate you carry in your hearts to Arabian people. This kind of replay that you have give is reflecting that you are thinking narrowly and you are less educated and faithful. I faced many people like you in the UK ( Bad image) ... bye

Hi Mooh ,
I do agree with you , i do think  if somebody could marry a lady just for paper that's because they are capable of doing it ,  it's never the case god forbid  that in our religion , the french people  say "on ne juge les gens que d'apres ce qu'on est "thats mean the way we judge people its the reflection of what we are.

alexamasha wrote:

Sorry I have to agree with yr comment, I married a egyptian man here in the uk,who had lost his visa in 2009,I knew this when I married him, but because I loved him I married him both islamically and british way, I surported him loved him cared for him and had a immigration solictor friend take our case, the home office turned him down ..thank god....I found out he had lied from day one and ws engaged to a algerian girl here and she knew everything , how lucky I was to find out dosent help the hurt he's caused but it could have been worse I'll never trust a egyptian man again so please be aware they lie

Sweetheart, ALL men have the ability to lie - regardless of nationality. And lets be honest, some women are no angels. You had a bad experience and a "near miss" , so count your blessings, but don't tarnish all men from one particular country. How about all the men who "buy " brides?????? I know -  :offtopic:

just saying

Chuckle-Butty

WELL SAID Chucklebutty!!!

Why oh why do women who have had a bad experience with one man class all the rest of his countrymen as being bad? I am sure she had bad experiences with other men ....does that mean all men are bad? 
I have a wonderful Egyptian husband but I do not presume from that that all Egyptian men are good, you have to judge each person on their own merits, regardless of where they are from.

Hi everybody,

We are again drifting off topic here.

Can we please focuss on the original topic which is My Egyptian husband and I want to apply for a spouse visa...Help!

Thank you all

Priscilla

Hi
I think the best way is to phone the border agency they will be more than happy to explain the procedure

'......I think the best way is to phone the border agency they will be more than happy to explain the procedure.....'

?????

You must be joking. 'Happy to help'. They are far than happy nor do they help. Iv learned the hard way that they are not there to help.

mydream wrote:

Oh please not all if Egyptian men lie my husband is a  wonderful.man and I am so happy with him. We have been married 7 years now.

I agree that not all Egyptian men are alike .

You're right chuckle butty , I've had two English husbands both of them were liars which was why I said I won't go with another English man, but both sexes of any nationality can easily lie !!

Hello, I wonder if you can help me. I'm trying to help a friend who is in England but is trying to get her male friend to be allowed a visit to see her here so she doesn't have to go to Egypt all the time as she is not a well lady.
Do you know anything about the more expensive priority visa application where it's processed  in Egypt not abroad, to give them a better chance. He is a retired business man, not someone wanting to escape Egypt as he has family and property there but can't seem to get through the visa system successfully.
Thanks so much for any help you can give. Best wishes

Hi Sally and welcome to the Forum.

I'm not aware of any Priority Visa scheme; the process to apply for and obtain a Standard Visitor Visa is described on the UK Government website; this link will take you to that web page.

If he's been unsuccessful in the past, then there will be a reason for it, they don't just decline visa applications for no reason.  Has your friend told you why he has been unsuccessful previously?

Why should you and he move to the UK? You married him, you joined his tribe, let him take care of you in Egypt.

420weblazeit wrote:

Why should you and he move to the UK? You married him, you joined his tribe, let him take care of you in Egypt.

Hi 420weblazeit,

The post you're responding to is 3 years old, I suspect that either way, some kind of resolution has been reached.

Cynic
Expat Team

Your salary each monthly  have to show in your bank accounts  for at list 6 month before you applying  also you have to declare  accommodation  in uk
Then is no problems  to get visa.also other side need english esol course  to complete  then your greenlight on to uk

browsing subjects

After reading all the threads I have to say there are many bitter hearts here. Assuming that Egyptian men can be deceiving, Liars, even cheat!!! Most people here talk of them as though they are the only men or lets face it WOMAN also that are capable of these acts.. I am not trying to be to opinionated on the subject, but I am aware of many cultures and in all... There are good and bad! I am sorry for the ones that have bitter hearts, because they were hurt. Marriages or relationships can fail no matter what the culture, religion, or ethnic background. If it is not meant to be... It just will not be. To many people rush into things to fast these days. As well they lead with their hearts or simply lonely lives. Not taking the time to stop and figure out who it is they are bringing into their life. Just rather the feel they get from a simple, I love you! This does not make them weak or the other bad. Simply not good for each other. And News to all that blame a country for their failed marriages! For that person it may be Egypt, Mexico , Uk ,Usa, or what ever country., But truth is it was them and their partner that have the issue not the place they were born into. compatibility is not a choice. Grow up take responsibility for your own actions. All I am saying is that if you jump to quickly you should expect nothing less. assuming your grown at the time the relationship took place. It was nothing more then your own choices that led to your ultimate endings. Basic facts {It is not the land one comes from} All humans are capable of this even the ones that complain of it happening to them. Love one another, be strong , and if you fight decide better what is most important your pride or your partner, Happiness is a virtue taken for granted. and ending things because you can not let go of an issue, well we are human without error this would not be true.Giving up seems to be easy. that weakness is reasoning for failure! I am sorry that I have no information about the immigration laws there but I had to state my opinion on this GL in your findings and your ability to prove your marriage is genuine. Trust in your heart your a big girl only you have the ability to make yourself happy. :)

Avoice wrote:

After reading all the threads I have to say there are many bitter hearts here. Assuming that Egyptian men can be deceiving, Liars, even cheat!!! Most people here talk of them as though they are the only men or lets face it WOMAN also that are capable of these acts.. I am not trying to be to opinionated on the subject, but I am aware of many cultures and in all... There are good and bad! I am sorry for the ones that have bitter hearts, because they were hurt. Marriages or relationships can fail no matter what the culture, religion, or ethnic background. If it is not meant to be... It just will not be. To many people rush into things to fast these days. As well they lead with their hearts or simply lonely lives. Not taking the time to stop and figure out who it is they are bringing into their life. Just rather the feel they get from a simple, I love you! This does not make them weak or the other bad. Simply not good for each other. And News to all that blame a country for their failed marriages! For that person it may be Egypt, Mexico , Uk ,Usa, or what ever country., But truth is it was them and their partner that have the issue not the place they were born into. compatibility is not a choice. Grow up take responsibility for your own actions. All I am saying is that if you jump to quickly you should expect nothing less. assuming your grown at the time the relationship took place. It was nothing more then your own choices that led to your ultimate endings. Basic facts {It is not the land one comes from} All humans are capable of this even the ones that complain of it happening to them. Love one another, be strong , and if you fight decide better what is most important your pride or your partner, Happiness is a virtue taken for granted. and ending things because you can not let go of an issue, well we are human without error this would not be true.Giving up seems to be easy. that weakness is reasoning for failure! I am sorry that I have no information about the immigration laws there but I had to state my opinion on this GL in your findings and your ability to prove your marriage is genuine. Trust in your heart your a big girl only you have the ability to make yourself happy. :)

I understand what you are saying, I myself have have many Egyptian friends of both sexes (all lovely people) The idea of this site is to help people. This is why Egyptian men in this case are put in a negative view.

Hi
I sm planning to marry my long term love in hurghahda in August
We want to come bwck to the Uk to live and he wants to find work here as a lifeguard

How do we start the process of applying fir him to come over here ti live with me?
I earn enough to support him during seeking for work

My husband joined me in the UK 11 years ago despite all the warnings from so called friends. We are still together 11 years on and really happy.
We are the type of couple EVERYONE  says will never last .....i am older than him, he came from a poor background, i am a muslim revert, but we are STILL together, STILL happy and his family and I love each other very much.
Dont liisen to the negative views only you know your husband no one on here knows him.

Make sure keep.loads of evidence your together to prove your marriage is real, photos, letters, your plane and hotel tickets and GOOD LUCK. I hope you have a wonderful life together.

Hi Jaynie and welcome to the Forum.

Your husband will need to apply for a family visa; the details on how to do this are published on the UK Gov website; this link will take you there.

If you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team