ATM withdrawal limit

What is the daily ATM withdrawal limit for a foreign VISA/Mastercard (in Mauritius)..... My bank states that the daily withdrawal limit is 5,000 USD or equivalent in foreign currency which means around 180,000 MUR. Surely I cannot withdraw that much in a day... So what is the actual withdrawal limit in Mauritius ?

Depend on the bank you are using. MCB allows you 10.000 a day. Others like Barkley's or MPCB 15.000 or 20.000 and HSB allows you 30.000. I tried 30.000 once at HSBC ignoring the notice on the ATM saying for 30.000 do twice 15.000 and my money got stuck in the ATM because it was to thick to get out the whole... So my advise, don't try.

Hi,

Barclays allow you upto 40,000 MUR withdrawal, but its advised to do it in two attempts, in case register cannot withdrawal enough notes, it will hold the amount on your account and you will have to visit to the same branch with receipt of withdrawal tog et cash

Thanks

You should also inform your bank before starting to make withdrawals as most major banks in many countries now have anti-fraud systems in place and you may find your card gets automatically blocked because suddenly they see withdrawals that are not considered part of your regular banking activity. This would be especially true as suggested by one reply in making two withdrawals one after another at the same time.