Working visa and working permit

Good Evening everyone! I would just like to know how many times can I renew my visa (my first tourist visa for 3 months will expire in october) ? Can I convert it to a working visa? Or is it okay if I stay having only a tourist visa? How long could I be able to stay here if I maintain having the tourist visa for 3 months? Are there any other options aside from the tourist visa and residence card? (Because residence card is really expensive - $950)

Regarding the working permit, I have read in the internet that you can apply for the permit if you have already been an employee of a company for 3 months already..And 400,000 dong for 36 months?

Thank you :):):)

Typically you can renew your visa in country twice. Sure you can stay longer with an extension. Can you work? Legally no you can't but that doesn't stop many people from doing so.

WP and Temp residence cards are\should be obtained via your place of work, they are the ones responsible for sponsoring you for the WP. Temp residence cards are a little more flexible, but again they only allow you to stay in the country they are not a working permit.
As for costs, no idea my work pays for mine.

Hello !

i would like to have some answers about your question about your visa living in vietnam,

you can extend your visa 2 times in vietnam, but if you like i think you can do your extension how many time as you want.

if you want to have temporary resident card it mean 2 years living certificate card  in vietnam you much have working permit or investment in business some cases.

or more information about visa of you living in vietnam please call mr Samuel Ho 0908 84 96 95 ; email: [email protected]
:)
best regard and best wish to you
Samuelho

thank you samuel, mark

I am living in Vietnam about 1 year. I have extended my current visa, tourist visa, 3 times. I asked a travel agency to extend my visa for me, they have website so that I can beleive them although they located in Hanoi. I am living in HCMC, I sent my passport via post office. The first time, I scare but later it is ok. Their hotline is 0943.25.25.52 and website: evietnamvisa.com/. You should contact them to ask for help.

hello, i saw on another forum a tag saying it was easy to convert from a tourist visa to a residency visa have you or anyone heard of this ? the address is 161 Nguyen Du,foriegner service office  in dist 1 also the available visa in Australia is for 1 month not 3 ???

Who wanna charge u 950USD for the Temporary Resident card? Hahahah - It's easy to get it after you get the WP, and just about 80USD for a 2 years one.

Try to get a labour contract first which is the point to get the WP, and after having WP, you will get the TRC easily. Once you are employed, the company who hires you will help u to get them.

hey crazy buffalo, there was no mention of 950$ US or WP prerequesite, do you know of this address (above)

I can't get it Mark: "there was no mention of 950$ US or WP prerequesite, do you know of this address "

Hi Everyone ! sorry to say ask somethings. what if we dont work, and no company employer us, can we have the resident card for 2 years?  only give the passport and 4 pictures, any one can make 2 years resident card?  thank you very much

I am pretty sure that no country will issue the TRC with just only your passport and pictures (excluding a few special case). WP seems to be a MUST dox when u submit dox for TRC. In case u are not employer, you should be investor and you have to show your business certification/ investment license...

Hi Buffulo, thank you very much for your answer my message, according the law we can not do the TRC. but i know some one can do for you the TRC 2 years with only passport and and 4 pictures. if you want to try we come to his office.

What I advised to you were based on legal dox which you can also easily find in the website of the Immigration Office. Of course in this country, you can do something illegal to get the legal dox but it's not the way I would like to mention here. Hope clear.

We are getting a working Visa though a company that does this for expats. They charged us $100 usd for letter to come to Vietnam. Then we paid $45 usd each at airport for one month stay. All cost here quoted in usd.

We came here to work and want to stay for one to two years. The cost to start a company here and stay are not cheap. You need a house to live it to have an address for a company to be registered. A reasonable house in a good area for a family will set you back around $600 usd per month.

Then there are the ongoing costs of running a company here.

visa vietnam wrote:

Hi Everyone ! sorry to say ask somethings. what if we dont work, and no company employer us, can we have the resident card for 2 years?  only give the passport and 4 pictures, any one can make 2 years resident card?  thank you very much

Resident card and work permit go in pairs, both expire on the same day and refer to each other. Even a so called "5-years"  or unlimited driving licence will expire on that day.

Your purpose to visit Vietnam is either employment or tourist. There are few more exotic options like investment, consular, dependant  .... . Just residing does currently not exist (yet?)

This is, where many go into th grey and black market, open a company and residing as director of an inactive company or simply do the required visa(runs).

Another option is a marriage in Vietnam

Seems like now , immigration rules are pretty tight. My TRC which I paid 950usd for the period 2012 dec - 2014 dec was canceled. I went to Thailand & Malaysia since 2013 may - 2014 feb. When I came to Viet immigration , I was told to wait at the land visa area . After waited  for an hour , officer came out and explained my TRC ve problem, immigration kept it, gave me a number to call , which mentioned the address at 254 Nguyen Trai . I didn't call . Instead I gave a call to my agent.
Now , after being promised that it ll be alright after numerous call made to the agent , I was finally told that I should leave vietnam by AIR only and make a U turn. I m wondering why .

Really appreciate anyone able to help as my last day is 11 march 2014, which is 3 days time .
Thanks in advance .

Have anyone worked with VN Lotus Travel Co at 210 A, De Tham street before?

I went there this morning to ask about working visa for my Filipino friend.
(We already have a company accept him register under their name).

This travel agent said the invitation letter fee is $400 (means the payment for them).

And my friend has to pay $135 upon arrival at the airport. For multiple entry one year working visa.

Does anyone have an idea of it's a reasonable price ($400) and truthful agent?

Thanks!

MeoMun wrote:

This travel agent said the invitation letter fee is $400 (means the payment for them).

And my friend has to pay $135 upon arrival at the airport. For multiple entry one year working visa.

Thanks!

In case your friend have enough doccument, You can come to the offical to do the one year visa. Or if you have work permit. You can do temperary residence card.
If not, we can do 1 year visa ( original type B3 or DN visa ) or visa on arrival letter  we need form N2 for visa on arrival letter or NA5 for Visa.

Brgds
Tung

MeoMun wrote:

Thanks!

Considering the fact that I'm being quoted $400 for a 3 month extension on a DN visa (which is what your friend should be issued) yes, it's a fair price.