Arranged Marriage VS Love Marriage

Is it only happens in South Asia,like India,Sri Lanka?

No.

My marriage to my husband was a love marriage 29 months ago today (4th jan 2011 ) and he still makes my heart skip

Happy 29th mensiversary.

tried love marriage...

how about i try arranged marriage?

I can arrange it.  I know a guy named Fred you might like.

love marriage in arrange style :)

nice :)

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Oi - I'm not anybody's, you know.

OK, I am as long as he's under 80 years old.

My marriage was 50% arranged and 50% love.
I arranged to pay for everything and my wife agreed to love me.....

edvilyn,

No arranged marriages are common in Central and South America.

My marriage was a love marriage 100%

My marriage was because I have a bad memory and my wife's birthday is 7/7/77.
Even I can't forget that one.

Have you ever forgot it fred ?     Be honest

haggishunter wrote:

Have you ever forgot it fred ?     Be honest

Lovely to see you active on the forum.

Nope, never forgotten it but as for wedding anniversary; never remembered it.

I been busy.
Yestetday abd todsy doing a spring clean.
It really heavy rain still today, tuesday we had thunder and  lightning

Arranged or love marriage has definitely its pros and cons.

Either way, it depends on the two people involved.

Culturally, arranged marriage is practiced in islam , especially in conservative cities like riyadh saudi arabia.
But i dont know if love marriage acceptable for saudis?

Chinese do arrange marriages too.

Well arrange marriage vs. love marriage is a very debating and interesting topic especially in the south Asia region including India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Both side parties have great arguments and you cannot get one specific point that whether the arrange marriage is good or love marriage is good. I think it's all depends on the male-female couple how they live together happily.

Love marriage is also allowed in Islam, Islam do not stop anyone for loving someone. Yeah, I agree to you but in Saudi Arabia you might not find the dating couples in public places.

mas fred wrote:
HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Oi - I'm not anybody's, you know.

OK, I am as long as he's under 80 years old.

I can't guarantee anything.

Hahaha so funny

Love Vs Arranged marriage is the most interesting topic. I think both is right and it is depend on the couples how can they manage their married life. Only love, trust and understanding is main thing to spend a life long relationship together.

marriage is marriage. love or arrange. it is a beautiful relation for those who knows how to deal with others with love and know the right way to show their feelings. don't wast ur time just thinking and waiting.

Is it beautiful when she nags you for a new sofa?

Well arranged marriages were common with higher classes such as royal in both Asian and European cultures a long time ago.  But it is also present with common folks and is still practiced now a days in Asian countries.  They both have there good and bad but I would rather prefer to have chosen my own love instead of being forced to.  But people do learn to love each other.  well time for lunch I guess i'll continue on another time.

No marriage......

Ehmm what about coincident marriage?

My marriage was arranged 100%, by mom, now she let's my wife run the rest of my life :)

I respect people who have stayed in marriages for long, its not a game neither a bed of roses.

I believe that everyone deserves a change to be with the one they love, get married, build each other, make mistakes n go through life changes. An arranged marriage is a Big Hell to  The  no for me. I just cant bear waking up to someone I have never had feelings for.
Some people claim that with time such couples learn to love each other and all that but I dont see myself settling for that. I wanna marry that man that makes me ting aling.I dont care if we dont have luxuries, He is the one I want

Fred wrote:

My marriage was because I have a bad memory and my wife's birthday is 7/7/77.
Even I can't forget that one.

Wow am also a 7/7 minus the 77

Meet other expats and join the events

OR