Life in Ludhiana, Punjab

Hi all!!!

I will start working in Ludhiana Punjab in May, and I would like to know somebody who is living there and get some information about the city, places to live, share/rent a flat...I am Spanish boy  of 27 and I was travelling 8 months in India recently so I could imagine what I will find in Ludhiana as an Indian city hahaha.

Thanks very much!, I would like to contact someone!

Cheers!

Rodigo87 wrote:

Hi all!!!

I will start working in Ludhiana Punjab in May, and I would like to know somebody who is living there and get some information about the city, places to live, share/rent a flat...I am Spanish boy  of 27 and I was travelling 8 months in India recently so I could imagine what I will find in Ludhiana as an Indian city hahaha.

Thanks very much!, I would like to contact someone!

Cheers!

Could you please refrain from multiple postings of the same message.
Thank you.

Hey ,
I'm from Punab , lived in Ludhiana for many years.
you can ask me about the things you want to know about Ludhiana .

Hi Anita!, sorry for the delay!

Although I will not arrived at Ludhiana until the end of May, I would like to know where are nice places to live there, which part of the city is better, less noisy haha,  or something like that, and how much could be the rent per month of one room, or share homes/flats....

If you some idea and you can help me It would be great!, I will ask you more in a future!

Thanks!

Yo bruh.
I'm in Ludhiana.
First of all. I'm 22 and don't go out much. And don't know the exact cost of rent. People who put their houses on rent have different prices and can cost as low as Rs. 4,000 or less depending on the location.
Rs. 6,000-15,000 for a good apartment. Try searching for 1BHK or similar
Sarabha nagar, Rajguru nagar are noise free areas and have less pollution.
You can expect people to speak English in malls or popular areas. But very less likely in general shops.

Hi ,
There are some good places to live in Ludhiana like Sarabha Nagar , B.R.S. Nagar , Agar Nagar , Raguru Nagar .
Defence Colony is quite safe n peacefull or you can opt for Country Homes. Rental in these areas will be about 4000 Rs. to 6500 Rs. You can stay as a PG n share the room then it will be cheaper n easy for you.

Hi ANITA!!, Sorry I dind´t answer before but finally I will arrive in Ludhiana the 26 one month after...Anyway I only would like to know if you can recomend me any hostel for the first week until I find something to live longer. I don´t know if it could be better go directly to Sarabha  Nagar , B.R.S. Nagar , Agar Nagar , Raguru Nagar .or look for something near the train station..

Well thanks for everything I am checking information now so any advice is more than welcome!

Regards!

Hi,
There are hotels quite near railway station like Hotel City Heart just 200 meters from station. Hotel Leela is also near ot the station but these hotels are not on the cheaper side, start from 2000/day .
There is Prince Hostel for boys but it is not near to railway station , it will take 20-30 min by taxi.
Or
you can tell me your budget so i can suggest you accordingly.
Anything else you want to know always welcom anytime.
I have good friends living in Ludhiana if need any help , please don't hesitate to ask for.
Maharaja Hotel at Feroz Pur Road is also good as just 10 mins ride from station.

Hello Anita!!!, thanks very much for your answer!!

Well my budget is around 1000 rp/day for the hostel, until I find some flat or I BK to rent. I would like to live near Sarabha  Nagar , B.R.S. Nagar , Agar Nagar , Raguru Nagar...., I have been looking for and there are enough flats to live but I didn´t find hostels.....

Of course any help more than welcome as always, hahah,a!! or if you know any website to search  or something like that would be the best!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi ,
There are many small hotels near railway station in your budget but Hostel as I told you Prince hostel not near to station. You can try hotels : Hotel Sartaj , Hotel Vikrant, Hotel Surya, Hotel Le Bon Ton, Hotel Greatwall and Hotel New Akash but I am not sure if every hotel can accept foreiners that you can check with them.

can I know what job will you join in Ludhiana ?

Have nice moments

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Publicity of external groups/ links or own websites not allowed on the forum.

Anita!!!, sorry for the delay!

Thanks a lot, I will check them this week and I will write you.

I have to check quality levels about Fastener sector,tests and proves on bolts, nuts, washers... and more...hahaa.

regards!

Yeah Ludhiana is safe for living. Ludhiana also known by industrial hub very noisy too. Basant avenue, Rajguru Nagar, Dugri are good for you. You may also search on Google to rental charges in these areas.