New members of the Peru forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Peru forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Peru if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi Everyone! We moved to Peru in January - Trujillo area. Previously, we traveled throughout Central America before coming to South America. We spent six months in Ecuador just prior to moving to Peru. We're a mother/daughter duo; we travel and work together. We're looking forward to exploring this beautiful country.

Welcome to Peru, if you head up to Cusco, let me know, always nice to meet other ex-pats

Good evening everyone! My name's Ryan and I'm 21 years old. Well, I found this website on goodle and It caught my attetion because I'm really interested in meeting new people from Lima; Peru. It could be grea tto have new FRIENDS! I don't care the age, the genre, etc. I just look for friendship.

I hope I will find good friends here!

Hola gente, estoy en Lima, nuevamente despues de 10 años,, lugares de ocio y tiempos para compartir es lo que me gustaria encontrar en este grupo

Sld

Hi ERIKAF,

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English?

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

hello Everyone, am Precious from Nigeria but lives in Peru over a yr now. love to meet other foregners. here in Peru

coucou everyone,
my partner and i are heading to peru (we're almost 100% sure) in mid-september.  he is austrian, i am american, and we are heading over there on a contract with his job. 

i am (was) a professional language teacher (grad degree/license/TEFL certified) and then moved to be with him in austria.  i am hoping to use this forum and community of people as a place to glean some ideas, maybe look for job opportunities, and possibly even inquire about housing... as we will need to start looking before too long. 

we've both travelled extensively and look forward to starting back up again in lovely south america.

cheers!
steph

Hi eveyone here, I am a filipina currently working here in Taiwan. I am newbee here. I joined this forum because i want to meet new friends and also gather some info.about travelling and living in Peru. I would like to visit Peru Lima this coming December 2014…

I'm waiting on my renewed passport before I buy my ticket but I should be there soon.

hola!

my name is heather and i have been living in lima for about 2 months now and am looking to meet friends for wine, shopping, exploring, talking...ultimately just to have something to do. It would be great to meet new people and have long lasting friendships.

Any non touristy place to hang out at ? I will be in Lima Dec. 14.

TiaTian,
I don´t know if you are looking for a teaching job next year possibly in 4th grade but if you are I would be happy to send you information about the school that I work for.

Welcome!
Amy

handerson11 wrote:

hola!

my name is heather and i have been living in lima for about 2 months now and am looking to meet friends for wine, shopping, exploring, talking...ultimately just to have something to do. It would be great to meet new people and have long lasting friendships.

Definitely check out the women with wine Lima facebook page. The gatherings are super fun and you will meet all sorts of ladies both Peruvian and expats.

-Amy

Thank you so much!

@ Amy > If your school is still recruiting, can you please post your job offer in the jobs section here : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/south-america/peru/ rather than posting it on the forum? In fact the jobs section has been created specially for job offers and job requests. ;)

Thanks

Priscilla

Hi everybody, I'm new here, I was living in Canada but now I'm back, I would like to know when we can hang out and get to know more  :top:

Hi..! Hola..!

I would be nice to mee you. I want to improve my English with you..!   I dont know if it is possible..!

See you..! :D

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

This topic is on introduction of new members and their project. ;)

I would invite you to read the code of conduct on the forum.

Thank you.

Hi all!
I'm a Filipino expat living in Abu Dhabi. I'm Planning to go Peru in First quarter of nxt year. I wanna Visit Macchu Picchu. But i can Only have 5days for my trip. Any suggestions how can i maximize my time? I wanna visit a lot more of Peru other than Macchu Picchu. Thanks

I am a Marriage and Family Therapist with 10 years of experience in community mental health and substance abuse treatment and 10 years (1993-1997, 1999-2004) prior pastoral experience in Lima and Espinar, in the Department of Cusco. I am Spanish-English bilingual, speak a little Quechua, and am familiar with the culture. My wife is from Cusco and we have a 6 year-old daughter. I have experience in leadership, program development, and community outreach. I am certified in Gottman Method Couples Therapy. My wife and I would like to return to Peru (Cusco or Lima) to work with families in the prevention and intervention of domestic violence and sexual abuse. We would like to start a center for families in Cusco, but are having difficulty finding a partner and/or startup money. I am willing to work with an existing ONG or governmental institution. For my full profile, see my public profile on LinkeIn at linkedin/pub/michael-brown-lmft/4b/5a7/5b/

Hello everyone,
I am not sure how to do this. I just clicked on the "post a reply" button and let's see what happens. My name is Enver, native from Northern Peru, which according to many is the most beautiful part of Peru hahaha. Anyway. I just want to meet ex-pats because until recently I was one of you people. So that I know what is being away from family and close friends, but also know that the best medicine is to enjoy life as much as you can. If you're looking for a partner for new journeys and adventures while living here, count on me. You can hit me to [email protected].
Best of luck!
Enver

hi!

hi

Hello  hallo guys i am Graciela from Peru Lima but  i used to live in Argentina and a little bit in The Netherlands i would like to have a dutch buddy i need to practice more dutch well also i can help you with spans.
doei

Hi all,

Recently moved to Lima from Australia. My length of stay is open ended as my fiance is Peruvian. Nice to make initial contact with you all and we may bump into each other in our travels around lovely Peru. Take care

Cheers, teddyinlima

Bonjour à tous les expats, je suis nouvelle. Je suis belgo-péruvienne et je voudrais connaître les expats belges ou français a fin de developper un espace de dialogue en français... Bisous à tous

Salut ! Bienvenue à Lima . Et I'm'm péruvienne essayer d'obtenir mon français . Si vous voulez, vous pouvez me considérer à vos contacts pour parler et être amis. Mon email est [email protected] et mon portable est 959 739 407. Enver

@ Bleudetoi and Alexislat > Can you please post in english on this english speaking forum?

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

yes of course, i can help you in your spanish and u can practice my english too :) regards
Ronald

:)  Hola!
Hi everyone! I am actually a Filipina and currently planning to travel to Peru this year. I am so busy these days searching on what to do in order to travel to Peru from Philippines and that's why I found this site. I want to live there with my Peruvian boyfriend. Anyone who has an idea on what should I process? Coz I know Philippine Immigration is so strict to Filipino travelers these days due to the increasing number of human trafficking cases. I hope someone who has an idea with this could help me...

Greetings I am about to embark on my journey to lima tomorrow ..super excited but don't know where to start as I am traveling solo any advice is greatly appreciated

Hi everybody! I am Erika Franco- Peruvian, and I am very interested to meet Argentinian people living in Lima
Saludos,

Hi how are you please.
i am male from Pakistan.Interested to start some business in peru and get residence there.

Hi, all members here please.
I am a newbie here on this forum.Hope you all will welcome me and help me find answers to my  quarries regarding my "moving to Peru" plan.
Some one will ask why I intend to move to Latin American country Peru.
I live in Pakistan.I am post graduate in science majors.During my education time I had come across many Latin words in science books. For example,the words used in today's Chemistry like; for, element lead, Pb, (Plumbum). Mercury, Hg, (Hydragyrum). Potassium, K, (Kalium). Silver, Ag, (Argentum). Sodium, Na, (Natrium). Tin, Sn, (Stannum). etc etc.
So I used to dream  about Latin America,its culture and people.I thought about that ancient time when Latin America was   at the  height of progress and prosperity.It was the great cradle of knowledge and educations.It had great philosophers,authors and scientists of that time.This all kept me  impressed but I was entangled in the trap of circumstances of days and nights.
3,4 days before I was surfing internet when I came across the "Expatperu forum blog".I read few blogs there and joined this forum.Here I came to know that one can see and live in Latin American continent by moving to Peru. As for foreign expatriates pure has relatively more  lenient rules and regulations. So I begun to rethought my ambition of early age.
Now I request to all members here to please let me know the easiest way to immigrate to Peru.
Thanks

Hi all,

I'm not new to Peru but I am to this site.

Charles from San Borja

Hello, u just need to buy ur ticket because u don't need visa to come here. And if u don't have transit visa to come for USA, u can come doing stopover in Mexico. Good luck in ur trip...keep in touch...!!!

Hi everybody, my name is Luz and I've been in Lima for half a year aprox. I've lived abroad in different countries and cities almost all my life, as a kid and now as a mother (and wife). I share my experience and thoughts on expat families and plans with kids in Lima through my facebook page and blog, Living Lima with Kids. I hope it's useful if anyone checks it out.

Thanks!

Amigos, soy peruana de nacimiento con tres decadas y media viviendo en Venezuela, nacionalizada venezolana por matrimonio con un venezolano,  regrese hace seis meses por problemas de salud de mi madre y tome la decisiòn de quedarme. En estos momentos mi hija menor se ha unido a mi, està aquì en Lima desde hace un mes. Por desconocimiento no la inscribi en el Consulado Peruano y ella esta en los tramites para poder obtener sus documentos y trabajar. Demas està decirles que me siento feliz, tranquila y haciendo mi tarea con todo el afecto hacia mi madrecita.

cilia50 wrote:

Amigos, soy peruana de nacimiento con tres decadas y media viviendo en Venezuela, nacionalizada venezolana por matrimonio con un venezolano,  regrese hace seis meses por problemas de salud de mi madre y tome la decisiòn de quedarme. En estos momentos mi hija menor se ha unido a mi, està aquì en Lima desde hace un mes. Por desconocimiento no la inscribi en el Consulado Peruano y ella esta en los tramites para poder obtener sus documentos y trabajar. Demas està decirles que me siento feliz, tranquila y haciendo mi tarea con todo el afecto hacia mi madrecita.

Hello and welcome on board

Please write only in English when participating on the anglophone version of the site.

If you wish to participate on the Spanish version of the site, please click on the flag on the Far right corner of your screen and choose Spanish version.

Regards
Kenjee

Closed