Fiancee Visa

important embassy update

Starting February 2015, the receipt of requirements on visa applications will be outsourced... But it is still the embassy who will make the decision. New location, additional fee, longer processing.. :(

see this link: Embassy News

pheebz0501 wrote:

important embassy update

Starting February 2015, the receipt of requirements on visa applications will be outsourced... But it is still the embassy who will make the decision. New location, additional fee, longer processing.. :(

see this link: Embassy News

apologies for spamming, but i forgot to mention that this is for the Royal Norwegian embassy in the Philippines.

helloi just wanted to ask i have a boyfriend from norway and we planning for fiancee visa what papers needed thanks

Requirements for both

Both of you must be over the age of 18.
You are going to get married in Norway within six months.
Neither of you can be married to other people.
You must have plans to live together in Norway.
You must not have been forced to get engaged (forced marriage).
Your engagement must be genuine, i.e. not an engagement of convenience /proforma engagement.

Requirements for the applicant

You must pay an application fee.
You must document your identity. If you have a valid passport, that is usually valid proof of identity.
You must not be subject to a prohibition against entry to Norway or Schengen.
It must be likely that you will return to your home country if you do not get married as planned.
If your application is granted, you must apply for a renewal of your family immigration permit with your spouse before your residence permit for getting married expires.

Requirements for the reference person

You must have an income of at least NOK 251 856 per year pre-tax and have earned at least NOK 251 856 in 2014 pre-tax (or NOK 246 136 in 2013 pre-tax) . You cannot have received social security benefits during the last 12 months. Check what kind of income counts toward this requirement and whether you can get an exemption.
You must have a home where the applicant can live together with you.

Hi,I work in Denmark as an aupair and have a boyfriend in Norway,we decided to Get a fiance visa so i can move to norway  and  get married  now my question is how long does it take to Get respond from Norwegians embassy after u have submit your application.if someone have an idea write to me, al appriciate alot.

I am not completely sure but you should be free to move around in the schengen area (including Norway) if you are already in Denmark.

Thanks for ur reply, Yes i am free to move a round scandnavian  but currently I'm on aupair visa  which i need to change for fiance visa for me to b able to move to Norway.....and Get married in six months tym

Hi alice,

To check the waiting/processing time for your application you can check it here at the udi page which is customizable with nationality up to the type of application so you can see their estimated proceaaing time for your case

UDI Custom Case Processing time

i hope this helps :)

[moderated: please avoid copy paste msg]

Hello

I just want to ask if its possible to apply fiance  visa to Norway while you are there for tourist visa?

thank u

Hi im from phililipines  i want ask what need documents to applying for fiencee visa my bf from norway

hi zarina,

you can find the list and other information here:

Norway Embassy Philippines-Fiance Visa Requirements

:)

tomrain2025 wrote:

Hello

I just want to ask if its possible to apply fiance  visa to Norway while you are there for tourist visa?

thank u

hi tomrain

you may want to read this thread here from the start to the very last posts in Expat.com as this has been discussed so you may find information there :)

Fiance and Family migration visa questions

Also you can try the customized Application guide in the UDI website after you input your infomartion there they will show you if you are allowed or not to apply from within bases on your case
UDI-How to apply page

:)

Hi! Everyone.. Just like to know if we are having the residence permit already but did not receive the residence card yet, can we go out from Norway, like going to sweden for a holiday? Appreciate your help in these matter..

you are not out of country until u dont have card just to wait

I see.. Thanks Carla for the info.. Then we will just stay in Norway till i received my card.. By the way, where in Lillestrøm you are staying?

Hi Dj08,
Your residence card will be sent in the post within 10 days from the time you report in the police.

Hi! Sol, my appoinment with the police for the residence card will be on April 8.. Then after that i have to wait for 10 days to receive. We are planning to go to sweden, next week.. just near the boarder of Norway to make some shopping because it is near in the cabin of my fiance thats why i am wondering if i can go there because there is no boarder control in there.. I have been there once already.. And no boarder control who will asked for your card..

10 days working

Hi Dj08,
Yes it is 10 working days as what Carla said too.

Hi Sol and Carla, just want to share my experience.. I went to sweden last saturday and had some shopping.. There was no issue regarding the residence card because there was no boarder control.. The shopping center is in sweden but near in the boarder of Norway.. I think the residence card is required when there is a boarder control then you must have your residence card with you inorder to pass the boarder..

Dear Dj08,
Nice to hear that. Enjoy the holidays. God bless.

yes its no need it when you go for shopping yesterday we been there in charlottenborg we can go for shopping

Hi guys, it seems that we're all sailing on the same boat here, please can someone here gave me some hint on how and what are the possible requirements needed for the both of us on applying fiance visa for norway?? And how long would it takes to get the approval ,Me and my boyfriend are planning to apply with this fiance visa thingy. So, we can live together in norway. please guys i really need your help. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Hi. Thank you for the detailed info. However, may I please ask if it is okay to apply for an engagement visa even if we haven't met yet? But we've known each other for more than a year now and are in constant communication (everyday via skype, whatsapp, facebook). Were there any similar cases here?

I did try to apply for a tourist visa last Oct 2014 but it was denied, on the grounds that I don't have much ties with my home country. Although I did have a stable job I can come back to. I think they were saying I should have money in the bank or properties.

Please share me some insights/advise. Appreciate it. :)

Hello. May I ask how did you apply for an aupair visa? Did you use the internet to find your host family? And how long does an au pair visa take to be processed?

Thanks in advance. :)

you can meet first in person before you can apply a tourist visa or engagement visa

hi hellokeemy

Your possibility of getting a visa
If you plan to visit your girlfriend or boyfriend, you can be granted a visa if you are in an established relationship. This means that if you have been together for a long time and have met several times, you have a better chance of being granted a visa.

source: UDI - Visitor's Visa

so to get an approved visit visa,  the embassy requires you to have an established relationship,  meaning you have met and had been physically together. this is the reason why your visit visa had been denied... they only tell you that "you have no strong ties to your home country and might not return" because i dont think the embassy gives "coz we think your relationship is not legit"  as a reason.. i got denied too (and was given the same denial reason) 2yrs ago when i applied the time me and my bf havent met yet in person, so he came to the phils instead.. after his 2 visits of 4 weeks total, i tried applying again,  and got approved..

an engagement visa is one type of a residence permit,  which  allows you to live in Norway for a year... this is much harder to get approved than a simple Visit Visa.. in my opinion, if u had been denied for a visit visa,  then it is highly likely for you to be denied an engagement visa as well if u havent met in real...

Hi All,

I wonder, those who have previously applied for a Fiancee visa in Norway, how long did it take for you to get the approval.  As I was reading the thread, there's no one I have read who has got the approval.

I have been to Norway for a 90-day tourist visa.  My fiance and me, were thinking if we should file for another tourist visa for a short wait or go through the waiting process and apply for the Fiancee visa.  I have read on here it's really 6 months waiting time?

Please help.

Hi Everdeen,

I applied Feb 18, 2015 for fiancee visa at VFS Global. I got an email from the embassy saying my residence permit has been approved March 19, 2015. I have never been to Norway as tourist before applying Fiancee Visa. 2 weeks ago I was on the same flight to Norway with a fellow filipina who got her visa in less than a month also.

If you have questions, am willing to help. Just send me a message.

Anne

Hello Anne,

Thank you for the swift response.

Got back March 25, 2015 from the 90-day Tourist visa.

And now I am planning to have my appointment first week of April for an Engagement permit.

My questions:

Did you have your Baptismal Cert, Cenomar, Birth Certificate/Marriage Certificate certified (as in red ribbon)?  How long did it really take from the time of application until the approval?

Appreciate your help.

Cheers!

hi everdeen,

Only the cenomar and birth certificate to be authenticated in DFA (red ribbon) and legalization in the Norwegian embbasy. No need of baptismal certificate. The processing days is case to case basis. Some get approved in just three weeks and some are in several months. God bless.

Thank you Sol.

That's a huge help.

Cheers!

where are you in Lillestrøm are you going to start a norsskurs in skedsmokorse?

where are you in cebu.i am from cebu but now i am living in Lillestrøm

hello everybody, i have a boyfriend he came from norway. we planning to go fiancee visa.
what should i do first here specially the papers. what need

hello  i want to ask you from phillipines?
i want apply also me and my boyfriend. for fiancee visa
what the first thing to do for applying

hi evangeline

the first thing you do is read and follow the procedures to apply :)
Norway Embassy Philippines

Hi there,

I want to ask, how much is the fiancee visa?

I know tourist visa cost 60 Euro.

Will appreciate your response.

Hi everdeen

it is now NOK 5 200 or Php 35 000

UDI- Table of fees

Norway Embassy Philippines - table of fees