IMPORTANT NEW CHANGES FOR THOSE APPLYING FOR PERMANENT VISAS

I submitted my documents to fp and fp issued a temporary document/card of RNE valid upto one year. How can I receive the other things? Will federal police send me to my house? Have I to check the fp website? How? thanks!!!

For me, they told me to come back to the federal police in a couple of months. I did that, but they still weren't ready, so I had to come back the next month.

So no, I didn't get any notifications. Although I believe some people here were able to get an email notification?

James wrote:

Just don't forget, you have to notify the Policia Federal of any change of address within 30 days of any move. This is very important and lots of expats forget to do it.

Hi,

why is that so important? I am waiting for my Visa since November not received it yet :( ... I didnt change my address yet tho.

Cheers.

It is important to notify the Policia Federal whenever you change address, it's required by law that you do so within 30 days of any move.

Thankyou.

Hi there, thanks for this information. My wife and I are English and we just gave birth here in Brazil. I am just about to apply for permanent residence based on having a child, and also want to apply for the CIE. You mention that there are two forms to fill in on the Policia Federal website, can I confirm with you the location of those forms? On the Estrangeiros page the first link is Novos procedimentos nos processos de permanência definitiva and on that page there is a link for Pedido de permanência com base em prole brasileira. Also on the Estrangeiros page is a link to Requerer Registro / Emissão / Renovação / Segunda Via de CIE. Am I right in thinking that these are the 2 forms for me to fill in? The reason for my doubt is that the forms look absolutely identical from both links!

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Chris

Correct me if I am wrong you are both British Citizens? If you are I don't think it is possible to claim permanencia I thought one had to be a citizen of Brazil to apply for it.  James would know more about this I think

Hi Chris,

The first form you need is from the Ministry of Justice website - the application for Permanency:

http://www.justica.gov.br/seus-direitos … todipe.pdf

Then you go to the Federal Police website and do the rest there:

General Instructions for applying based on Brazilian child: http://www.dpf.gov.br/servicos/estrange … brasileira

Applying for the Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro and registering in the RNE: http://www.dpf.gov.br/servicos/estrange … -e-anistia

Hi James,

that's great, thanks very much for your help.

All the best

Chris

Hi James,

Just to clarify - for the application for permanency I should I use the form that you posted from the Ministry of Justice website for the permanency application, not the one at the DPF listed here?

Requerimento próprio, disponível em servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/

Many thanks!

Chris

Hi James,

Just to clarify - for the application for permanency I should I use the form that you posted from the Ministry of Justice website for the permanency application, NOT the one at the DPF listed here on the page titled Pedido de permanência com base em prole brasileira?:

Requerimento próprio, disponível em servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/

Many thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Actually you need to complete both. You print off the form from the Ministry of Justice, which you will need to fill out by hand. The DPF website you fill out all the information online as well (make sure that there are no errors) because that enters everything into the computer system and that's what you will end up printing everything else off from. They will still want the initial handwritten form with all the other paperwork.

Cheers,
James

Hi James,

thanks again. Much appreciated! :)

Chris

Hi james
             I already register my marriage in Certidao De Registro Especial now i have completed my all necessary documents, now i have to apply for permanent visa .i am bit confuse that i have to apply online for my visa and what is RNE and what is CIE ,i don't know about it kindly guide me ,and is it possible i directly go to federal police and i get form for my visa from office and fill and sing and pay fee you told on other form that three step have to do at same time now ,if you tell me what is my first step and second and third i really thanks ,

Hi! I submitted my all documents to PF for permanant on 28th January. I did not receive any letter from PF till now. It was said that permanat visa would be issued within two months. Is it true? What should I do? Based on my application to permanat visa, can I apply for concurso publico?

No you can't enter the concurso publico, the public service jobs ARE NOT open to expats. All public service jobs and  most jobs at state owned companies are reserved strictly for Brazilian citizens.

Cheers,
James

Thanks Sir for imformation!
And how many months a permanant visa does usually take? Is there any restricted time limte? The FP will call/send a letter or I have to visit its office?

It depends on when you applied for your permanent visa and if you applied in Brazil or abroad.

If you applied in Brazil BEFORE September 1, 2014 under the old system it can take 2 years or more.

If you applied in Brazil ON/AFTER September 1, 2014 permanency is granted when the application is made (if all the documents are present and in order), you only wait for the Cédula de Identidade

If you apply outside of Brazil it will usually take 3 - 6 months for permanency based on marriage, stable union, family reunion.

I applied within Brazil on 28th January, 2015. The PF issued a document for me that is valid for one year.  It did not send any other document.

They don't send any documents. It's up to you to keep checking back with them if your Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro is ready to be picked up.

You can either do that online at the DPF website, or by dropping in on the delegacia where you applied.

Cheers,
James

Sir! how can i check it on PD website? Can you explain the procedure of checking?

Using Internet Explorer ONLY (will not work with Chrome or Firefox) fill out the information on the DPF webpage linked below. Type in your FULL NAME as it appears on your application, your protocolo number and the verification code you will see on the screen.

What you need to look for in the consult screen is "Recebimento". If it states "Não Confirmado" beside that then the Cédula has not arrived at the delegacy where you applied yet. If it states "Confirmado" then it has arrived and you can go and pick it up IN PERSON. Note that nobody can pick it up for you, because you have to sign that you have received it and turn in your paper protocolo.

https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/p … ocesso.jsp

Ok!! I tried with Internet Explorer... But everytimes it gives me a message> o numero de protocole e invalido. I wrote in my RNE number but in vain. plz help me. What is the numero de protocolo? is it the RNE number?

Did you try entering it without the dots and dashes??? If at first you don't succeed, try, try again

Thanks!!! First time I understood that numero de protocolo is different that RNE number and it should be typed in without dash and dot. Thanks again. I tried and it showed: Destino: DICRE/CGPI
Along with it, it shows: Se a movimentação indicar que o processo está na DELEMIG, NRE, DEAIN, ou DPF/sigla/UF, procure a unidade da PF para obter maiores informações;
What should I do? What is the destination DICRE/CGPI?
It also shows: Recebimento: CONFIRMADO EM 09/04/2015

Sir! Yesterday, the website of FP was showing: Confirmado.... Today, It is showing: nao confirmado. Today it shows different data. What about it?

Either phone or visit the delegacy where you applied to see if it has arrived. If you go there make sure to take your protocol and passport with you.

I went there and PF said: It is not yet arrived. The PF website shows a message:  Despacho:  CAIXA 20897 CARTEIRA EMITIDA DIA 13/04/2015 
what does it mean?

Hi there,

I am a UK Passport holder, I entered Brazil in November 2014, having since married a Brazilian lady I have today been given a permanent visa stamp in my passport, finger printed etc and given a very temporary ID card which states that it is valid for 60 days or CIE is supplied.  Why does this process take 60 days, they have had all required documentation (in fact the police commented if only everyone was this organised lol). And why does it say permanent in the passport stamp if the ID document says 60 days? Thanks in advance.

Now the fun of getting  CPF starts... (the local Poupatempo does not seem to process these for foreigners)

It takes 60 days or more to produce the ID card, they are produced in Brasília and thousands are done each day. That's why it takes so long.

Be thankful, it used to take 2 years or more to get through the process. Only took me 5 years of fighting the system, and two separate applications (because the first one went nowhere for 4) even though I'm married to a Brazilian and have a Brazilian child. I was in Brazil for over 11 years by the time I finally got mine.

Worse still each of the applications permanency/register/CIE which you did ALL AT ONCE were separate steps in the old system and you had to complete each one before you could move on to the next. I got permanency and still waited one year for the card.

You have no idea how lucky you are. The old system was a nightmare!

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

My protocol is valid for one-year. But it states: request for permanancy. poupatempo works if you lead your Brazilian wife with you to get the prints.

Expats must apply for CPF numbers directly with any office of the Receita Federal. They no longer produce the plastic wallet card. They assign you a CPF number and advise you of the site where you can print off your CPF number and where others can verify it online.

Next on your list will likely be your Carteira de Trabalho e Previdência Social - CTPS, which expats can only apply for at the Superintendência Regional do Ministério de Trabalho in their city, or in a jurisdiction that serves their city in smaller cities.

Cheers,
James         Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi, I have my permanent visa stamp in my passport and waiting for my ID/CIE. I now want to apply for my CPF,  I have filled the online form in and printed,  I am about to take it to caixa to pay before heading to the receitoral federal. Can anyone advise how much the application fee is at present?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know neither Caixa Economica Federal or Correios process CPF applications anymore, you have to apply directly at the Receita Federal. The RF as far as I am aware does not levy a charge for issuing a CPF. Note that they no longer issue the plastic wallet card CPF, they'll give you the number right on the spot and the website where you can print off a paper version of your CPF (I recommend having it laminated) and where the CPF number can be electronically verified online should anyone care to do so.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks again for your advice.  I will advise the forum how I get on.

Just thought that I would update on the above.  I went to the Receita Federal yesterday without visiting the bank first.  I was told at the Receita Federal that I would have to pay the fee (R$5,70) and this could be paid at Banco do Brasil or Correios.

So off I went to the Bank, arriving at around 15˸00hrs only to be told that they canˊt provide assist with applying for a CPF after 14˸00hrs and that I would have to return the following day.

Today, I went to Receita Federal, showed my paperwork, paid my fee (only to be told that the system was failing and I could not get the relevant paperwork there and then and that I should return later to collect the protocol.  The bank staff were very helpful, however, I have still to return to the Receita Federal to complete the process. I did try to do this today, but was told that I would have to return in two days time (I have no idea what the two day wait is for), so hopefully on Monday I should get my CPF.

James wrote:

As far as I know neither Caixa Economica Federal or Correios process CPF applications anymore, you have to apply directly at the Receita Federal. The RF as far as I am aware does not levy a charge for issuing a CPF. Note that they no longer issue the plastic wallet card CPF, they'll give you the number right on the spot and the website where you can print off a paper version of your CPF (I recommend having it laminated) and where the CPF number can be electronically verified online should anyone care to do so.

Cheers,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks for the updated information. It is not what I had been given in the past which was obviously incorrect information. Your update will help many of our members.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

I have applied for my permanent visa, I paid all the fees, etc, and got a stamp in my passport that translates that I should return in about 60 days. Now, what I want to know is, can I travel and return, without a visa, from now, within  the '60 days' written in my passport, even though my original visa has expired? And is there anything else I need to do? I just have my passport and CPF number, nothing else.

Is your VISA expired, or just the visa stay expired? There is a very big difference.

If your visa is expired then I would NOT try to travel if I were you. With your passport stamped as it is you won't really have problems from the Federal Police trying to re-enter Brazil. The problem is that without a valid visa in your passport the airlines are not going to allow you to board the aircraft to return. They wlll be looking only at the visa and don't care one bit about any stamps.

If your visa is valid, and you're just talking about the visa stay being expired then you'll be fine.

Cheers,
James  Expat-blog Expert

I applied on 28 Jan, 2015 for permanent visa. The FP website shows ´´data de recebemineto de carteira; 13/04/2015. I visited FP office and it was said that your card is prepared but it was not dispatched  here untill now. What should I do?