Nanny/ Helpers

Hi all,

my family and i are relocating to Mauritius in a few months.  we have a 3 year old son and have been wondering how easy it is to find a nanny and how much they earn.

Is it cheaper to get a nanny  than daycare?   and are there any  good daycare centres in Port Louis?

would really appreciate this information.

Oh please take me with you! I would love to be an aupair! How lucky you are to be relocating:)

Hi, I don't know about daycare, but salaries here are really low. You won't have trouble finding a nanny for 250 euros a month, and probably even less.

thank you so much sleeping cookie for the info.

May I disturb you: do you have any tip where to turn in order to find a babysitter/nanny for one month or två?
2 kids, 1 and 2 yrs.

Lauri Dammert

any persons somebody knows and quarantees?

Hi Lauri,

Maybe you could check in the classified section. I'm yet to relocate to Mauritius so not much help.

Hope this info helps.

Hi guys,
I did last time I was in mauritiys find a company that dealt with nannies that spoke english but they were quite expensive. I was quoted Rs25,000 a month!!
I did try locals and found that this didnt quite work out due to a language barrier, however yhere are some who are good at english and kids do pick up the lingo quickly.
I am conveniently located between port louis and grand baie and my business will be nursery and nursery.
I will be officially advertising soon but feel free to contact me.
take care

Hello have you opened your nursery yet?

If so are you recruiting?

Hi nesdee
will be opening end of september.
Cheers

Hi There.Do You have a website?

Hi
no I havent got a website yet but have starting advertising as opening by the end of september. Anyone interested is more than welcome to pm me or call me. I am listed in the Expat.com directory for pre schools. Little ensteins.
take care

Hi,
I'm interested in working with you in the nursery. I've completed my H.S.C last year and been working as a chemist" salesgirl. I'm fluent in English,French and Hindi. Currently I'm jobless and if you still recruiting staff, I would like to be part of your nursery.
You can contact me on 5762 6632 or 261 4393. My name is Pooja.

Thanks.

Hi my name is Vinola i will may be able to help you find a nanny please contact me on [email protected]
thanks

:) Hi you  can contact me regarding a nanny email add is [email protected] with the details like when u will be here etc ...
thanks

Hi I just moved to tamarin/black river and looking for a nanny/maid?was wondering if anybody could help?

Hi tera
have u found anyone yet ,please contact me

[Moderated: No phone numbers allow on the thread for your own safety.  Thank you]

thanks

Hi am south african been here for 20 here can help

[Moderated: No phone numbers allow on the thread for your own safety.  Thank you]

cheers

Hi!

Me too am new here and I wanted a full time nanny ... Was wondering if it's possible to get one speaking English and French

Will be happy to read from you.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards. Nancy

Hello Nancy,

I suggest you post an ad in the Job secion > Babysitting in Mauritius.

This is the appropriate way to proceed.

Thank you,

Marjorie

Tera1 wrote:

Hi I just moved to tamarin/black river and looking for a nanny/maid?was wondering if anybody could help?

Hi
Your best finding a nanny in Tamarin, Black River through word of mouth or on one of the groups for mums on FB,
there are often people who are leaving the Island who advertise their nannies.
Mums of the West
Black River Mums
Island Mums Mauritius
Mums of Mauritius
etc

Staff salaries here are very reasonable, many of us agree it is good to pay above the recommended Government salary if you find a very good, kind member of staff . Also many nannies and maids speak English I have found or even enough for you both to understand each other.

Good luck :)

hello im currently living in scotland..born and bred here but would love to work in Mauritius..my parents are mauritian and i have all my family and my house in Mauritius..i am fluent in creole and english..i do not have any qualifications in child care but i have a lot of kids in my family :) please email me :)

hello i speak fluent english and creole..email me on [email protected] 😬

Hello Nancy
could please tell me where are you staying in Mauritius?
There is a school in Roche Brunes operating from 7hr 30 a.m till 5.30 pm from Monday to Friday.
Please check the page on Facebook Hampshire pre primary school.
Thank you :)https://www.facebook.com/HampshirePrePr … AndDayCare

Hello Dear
could please tell me where are you staying in Mauritius?
There is a school in Roche Brunes, Rose Hill operating from 7hr 30 a.m till 5.00 pm from Monday to Friday.
Please check the page on Facebook Hampshire pre primary school.
Thank you :)
https://www.facebook.com/HampshirePrePr … AndDayCare

Hello coconut86,

If you are looking for a job as a maid, the appropriate section, is to post in the Jobs section > Housemaid jobs in Mauritius.

Thank you,
Marjorie

Hello

I would like to know if you need any Nanny/housemaid/ cook service. I am in black river.

Thanks Vedi

Hello  Vedi

Please drop an advert in the related field of the site so as to increase your chances of being contacted in case of an opportunity : Personal and household services jobs in Mauritius

Kenjee
Expat.com Team