New members of the Tunisia forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Tunisia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Tunisia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Tunisia forum, introduce yourself here continues below!

Hi I'm Heather

I may or may not move to Tunis in the next couple of years

My BF lives there currently and I visited a couple of weeks ago - beautiful place! :)

Hello,

I am 18 years old and spend so much money going to Sousse all the time so I would love to live there but an struggling to find a job or a place to stay if I Moved over there just I only speak English?
My boyfriend lives over there?

Any advice on how to start off??

Sorry to say but without French and arabic you will not find a job. The only work might be an English speaking call centre.

Or take a qualification in tourism. Thomas Cook or Thompsons may hire but you will be paid in local currency, but as you imagine they have lots of applications.

I'm a professional with a great cv but I can't find work.  The only other way is start a business yourself or look into the possibility of doing a "remote job" but connectivity here is crap they are still on 3G not 4G.

Seriously, if you are coming here for a man, don't!  I have seen young marriages and it's not happy. If you come here, come for yourself. If you can't find a job then you have to pay into a bank account EVERY month a minimum of 600 euros around 500 GBP to stay in the country plus fulfill other criteria.

Have you fully looked into this and who do you know out here eg other europeans? It's not an easy place for a woman to be!

Hi Natalie

I recommend you wait on moving here until you have finished your Bachelors Degree in college. I only speak English and live in Tunisia with my husband. There are many jobs for English speakers working in Language Centers or as teachers in the American School. I am learning Arabic right now.

You can check into AmidEast in Sousse, but if you are looking to work there, please look into obtaining your EFL/TESOL/TEFL. It will help you in the long run, trust me.

You can complete your degree overseas by considering taking your courses through the online world. I hope this helps!

habibatya  is  a tunisia who  likes tunisia  and  like  to  live  in  it for  the  end  of  his  life.

i so so agree with u!!!! great answer!!!

Hello all, I'm Tunisian and I would like to welcome all expats.
I offer my friendship, any advice or assistance to anyone in need.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=495057

Thanks!

Closed