Document Requirements for Labour Clearance for Managers

Dear All,

I have gone through posts in which members have already touched on this subject, but wanted to enquire if there is any site where the actual requirements for processing the labor clearance are stated.

I have an offer from a reputed, partially state owned company Sohar Aluminium as a Manager.

1. Initially they said manager candidates don't require certificate attestation. A few weeks later they said the rules are now different and they need apostiled degree certificate. Which I submitted two weeks ago. Yesterday they asked to courier the original certificates. They state that they have applied through the e-site but when they approach the Ministry of Manpower with the reference they are asking for the original. ARE THE ORIGINALS REQUIRED ?

2. For my medical, which I assume is required prior to visa issue. They are saying medical will be done after entering Oman, as I am already in the GCC. Is this the same as the mini government blood check or another full checkp like GAMCA ?

3. For my wife, they state they will process visa in a week after my permit is stamped. However, I see many articles here stating you need 3 months bank statement, etc. I assume she will have to fly to India first, do the medical and then fly from there.

Would welcome inputs from fellow members with knowledge on this subject, or have moved from another GCC country to Oman. Thank you !!

Hi, will try to answer a few. No formal, comprehensive list anywhere but these can be found buried among the forum.

1) don't send original degree certificates
2) GAMCA isn't required from most countries, just a blood test when you arrive
3) family joining visa in a week after you get your visa for some companies while others it seems you have to wait many months (3 or 6?)

No single answer for most questions, which is why this is so difficult.  Good luck.

Hi,

Plz go through below details:

1. Send hi-res scanned copies of the certificates. Do not send originals. However if they do insist, take in writing that it will be their responsibility to have these sent back to you incase your visa does not show up.

2. This will be similar to the GAMCA but can be done locally at various hospitals, the company PRO will take you to this place.

3. Your wife cannot come along with you immediately. Once your visa is stamped, the company can submit your passport copy along with your salary certificate to the ministry to get your wife's visa. As per the new rule your minimum basic salary should be above R.O. 550/-. The time taken will all depend on the PRO's WAASTA (Connections)

Hope that helps.

Cheers!!

Thank you so much for your replies, it is deeply appreciated.
I already sent them high resolution scans of the attested degree. I am wondering why they are insisting on the original certificates as a MUST for labour clearance. I read in another post it was a way to ensure the candidate doesn't look for other offers while they apply for the visa or in other words hold them at ransom.

Original certificates are required, you can take the original with you to Oman.  Your company HR will take it along with the copy (with Apostle attached) and return it to you.  This takes but a few hours as the governmental department needs to sight the original, they will then sign the copy and return to your HR.

You can send your originals to your HR if your not in country, this will speed up the process.

Thanks to all for your help, I am flying in later today with the originals for the Ministry to review.

Hey, hope you managed to get your certificate(s) approved while you were in Muscat.

Thanks for asking, as per the PRO the ninistry accepted the application after viewing the certificates. Should be a week for obtaining clearance, flying out feelibng lighter later today.

Received LC and Employment Visa, big thanks to you all for your support.