Giving birth in amsterdam

Hi everyone,

Im Dana and a new member of the blog.
Im not an expat and I dont include myself as one.
I just need to know further how is it going to be if I deliver my baby in Amsterdam during my vacation.

Im a Filipina and my husband is from Syria. We're both living & working in Qatar. We are planning to go visit Amsterdam for the main purpose of giving birth only. He already has a multiple 3 year visa which he can make his Dutch ID, and I have a multiple for 3 months. In case, Is it possible for my child to get a Dutch Citizenship, Dutch passport like in percentage?

I hope you can help me out with this with your insights, shared experience and knowledge.

~ Ddana :)

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Giving birth here does not give the baby the Dutch nationality automatically. When your husband isn't Dutch on the moment of birth  then the baby will not either.

If you don't have a full coverage of medical insurance to give birth in a foreign country, it can be very expensive so I would check that first. And you're not allowed to fly when you are seven or more months pregnant but I guess you know that already. You can read the sticky topic " New to Holland" on the Dutch main forum  for more information to obtain Dutch citizenship.

Take care!

Dana

Make sure that you have an insurance. Any health care is expensive in the Netherlands. For the rest I cn only tell, it will be painful with a joyful ending wherever you give birth.
For Dutch citizenship, you better consult one of the governemental web sites or legal forum in the netherlands.

Good luck, and if you need a name.....

Greetings, René