Job offer from dar, waiting for work permit to fly

Dear all,

i got an job offer from dar es salam and employer told they will apply for work permit, my question how long it will take to process the work permit or else i can join them on tourist visa and later on it can be converted to work permit.

hows the life in dar, i am from pakistan and currently in doha qatar.

Hello Niaz4one,

Welcome on the Dar Es Salaam forum..:)

Regards
Yuveshen

Please reply

Niaz4one wrote:

Dear all,

i got an job offer from dar es salam and employer told they will apply for work permit, my question how long it will take to process the work permit or else i can join them on tourist visa and later on it can be converted to work permit.

hows the life in dar, i am from pakistan and currently in doha qatar.

I think you may not be able to do such as come on a tourist visa then get work visa. When I worked there I had to wait in my home country until the visa was arranged then come to Tanzania.

It may be best that you ask your employer if this can be done. If coming on a Tourist visa I am sure your employer would not want to pay for your airfare,accommodation and food if you cannot work.

Also consider what would happen if you arrived on a tourist visa and then the work visa was refused.

hi this is  anand  frm india how to apply  the job pls help .....

Hello Anand sakthi,

Can you be a little bit more clear?

For what job are you talking about and in what field?

Thank you,
Marjorie

Hi,
According to my understanding, Both options are possible. either you come here on visit and then apply for work permit or get the permit process done from your home country. but if you come here on visit then before you start working you need to get temporary work permit then in the mean time you will get you will get your full work permit aswell or get the temporary work permit at the airport.
That all depend on your employer that he wants to call you on visit or work permit. as company has to bear the cost of permit.
Life is good here, peaceful. Dar is not much developed like karachi or other developed citites in pakistan. bit frustration sometime bcoz of people here or service here.
But its still good to experience new country.
Welcome to Dar.

Thanks dear,

InshaaALLAH i will be there sooon

Hi salman,

Thanks for the information, will meet you soon if you have time or you can give me your contact number

Hi,
You can't work with tourist visa, you have to wait to get the permit to start work.
Regards

You can work with them with your temporary work visa for three months (CTA) while waiting for your work permit.

hi all
i would like to find out  how to apply a work permit in Tanzania and where should i go to apply  and how long does it take

chimwemwe  akim njikho

Hi Akim.
your company is responsible to get the work permit done. Or if your company needs someone to assist in getting work permit you can contact me. Usually it takes 2 to 3 weeks if all documents are submitted properly and no restrictions on your passport.

I would like youvto come and look for a job myself  and  i need to know how  much does it cost  to get a work permit in Tanzania  and  i am sure i will get a  better job  with my experience as  well as my qualification  and  you can email all  requirements  that  i can start now as  i will be relocating to  Malawi to join my family  in  March 2016 and  email me  to xxx   and i will be happy to get helped

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please exchange your contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi there
  I'm ruqahya I'm here to find jobs of many or au pair.

The work permit will cost you around 3000$

ok

Can you email your details  so that i can send you my details to start processing a visa  or work permit for  me

Hi Akim
you can email me *

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Good morning.  Please don't do that.  You will be caught by immigration and be in a whole heap of trouble.  On arrival buy a CAT visa for 200usd  and then you will be allowed to work for three months.  Just state that you are coming in for business.  Then you can renew every 3 months.  You need a letter from the company.  Or they can apply for the cat for you. Best wishes.  Joanne