House or appartement?

Hi all, my family and me justmoved from the USA two weeks ago and we are house hunting now. We will be searching the south Jakarta area since wehave a son at the french school. Is it better to live in a house or an appartment? Is anyone familiar with Veranda private villas, what do you think of it? Thank you

Hi Sarah. My friends live at the Four Seasons Residences on Jalan Setiabudi Tengah which is just off the top end of Sudirman. The apartments are nice and spacious and security is excellent. A lot depends on your budget and if the location is too far from where you need to be.

I checked it online, looking great, but far from school and work. There is an appartment and a house i like within my budget, same size, no private pool or garden in the house but the campound has the basic fascilities as well as the appartment complex, i dunno which would be better for my toddlers.

Sarah, welcome to the forum.

Check out: www.rumah123.com

There you find houses/apartments etc.

Don't underestimate the traffic here, you better look for something in South Jakarta only close by to the school. Cipete/Cilandak or Kemang I would check out first.

It really depends on your budget and the security "risk" you are willing to take. I am living in an apartment at South Jakarta not because of the budget but security. I am overseas most of the time but somehow I feel more secured to leave my family in an apartment with security guards 24/7 rather than a villa, bungalow or house that is apparently vulnerable to break-ins . If you are new, I suggest that you rent an apartment for ease of mind. Over time, if you develop more confident with the safety/security in Jakarta, then perhaps you can think of relocating to a house/villa/bungalow.

Hi, I have a traditional Balinese Villa in South Jakarta in the vicinity of the French school.  If you google house in Jakarta, you might be able to find it.  It has a tropical garden, swimming pool etc.  Presently occupied till end of May, however, the place will be available in July, preferably. 
Do contact me for more details.
Thanks.